Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pin map is great and I can find my location. Something locks up my machine each time I get into the pin map location. Anybody else ever experience this problem? I downpower completely to get out of the pin map location. Yes, I am using Win. 98 SE and recently went to DSL. Any idea's.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
get Firefox

Same thing happens to me if I use Internet Explorer...doesn't happen with the Firefox browser...which is available free, should work with 98 (thought about upgrading? especially since Microsoft no longer supports win 98 with updates)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I can only test the map in Firefox and IE6.0 both under XP.

Currently there are problems that started ~Oct 6, when Google updated how the maps work. In IE, there are problems with how transparent layers of images render. For instance the State lines are failing to appear in the Hybrid mode.

Firefox has been solid, unless I totally bork the coding.

If you can getf Firefox I recommend it, All around it's the opinion of many that it is currently the best.

·
Registered
487 Posts
beer100 -

FYI - Map works great on both Macintosh Internet Explorer and Safari. On the PC, I only have IE and it works fine.

I keep hearing about "Google Earth" from my PC friends.

http://earth.google.com/

They tell me they can zoom up and see their cars in the driveways!! It's not available on the Mac so I can't test it. I don't get much time on the PC's these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts