Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
I hope they do produce more.... my local dealer (pretty small dealership) has said that they weren't even sure if they would get one due to allocation :confused: Hope he's wrong......

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's more than I had expected. I guess the long run will depend on sales numbers. This is a tough economy to be launching a vehicle in this price range.

L

·
0 Posts
Price?

Troy Roberts said:
It's more than I had expected. I guess the long run will depend on sales numbers. This is a tough economy to be launching a vehicle in this price range.
What do we think the price will be?:grouphug

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$47k isn't that much. Sure, we'd all be happier if it cost less, but I bet they sell them anyway.

This is a very unique vehicle and many of those who have extra cash will buy it if it's 30k or if it's 50k. Cars are expensive these days. I don't see much that I'm interested in for under 45k unless you look at a fun little go-cart type of car like the Mini. That's not in the same league as the SSR though.

J

·
0 Posts
I was at the Columbus auto show this past weekend and the girl at the SSR exhibit said that the plant where it is being built is only capable of producing 10-12,000 units per year. Hope she's wrong but even at 14-15,000 they will be hard to come by.

C

·
0 Posts
Newest mail on top

Could it be changed so that the newest post to a thread is First instead of Last??

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had initially heard that they were only going to produce 4000 to 7000 per year. I'll be happy if it's over 10,000 per year. Enough that you can get parts but not so many that you'll see them all over the road.

·
Registered
168 Posts
each dealer gets one?

My local dealer says he expects to get one, and only one, SSR in mid May. He said they can not pre-sell it and that no dealer gets more than one. People on this board claim to have an SSR on order. He will not let me order one and says no other dealer can either.

What's the real scoop?:flag

J

·
0 Posts
From what I've read every dealer will get one, just not necessarilly in the first year of production. Depends on volume of sales as to when they receive them.Not sure if the larger dealers will see more than one unit before all dealerships have received one or not. I expect the first ones delivered to either go to the owner of the dealership's private collection or to their very best and most affluent customers. The average guy (like me) will have to wait.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
no. 5 on the list

:grouphug, Sure could use some input from this group. Have been to all of the SSR sites to access input and data on our favorite ride, the SSR. If I am no. 5 on my dealers least, what would be your guestimate on when to expect my SSR. I am holding out for MSRP. Don't really need all the bells and whistles either, but do want the extra instrument cluster. My dealer is Colonial Chevrolet in Va. Bch. and has provided little or no info. on the vehicle. They are one of the largest in the state of VA. They just don't want to pass on misinformation so pass on none at all. All of the local dealers in my area plan on selling the first ones way over MSRP, some starting at $51,995.00 and up!!!!! Rippppp!!! No thanks, I can wait.

E

·
0 Posts
If yo have a written contract you should be able to get an SSR at MSRP if and when it becomes available at your dealer. From what I understand, GM based allocation on 2001 sales of the dealership:

500-999= 1 SSR
1000-1499= 2 SSR

I doubt anyone will get more than that even though they did have the formula for up to 4 SSR's.

Also, the last I heard was that they were shooting for 2500 SSR's in 2003 and they just scaled that back to 1500 for 2003. No where close to the 12000 you guys are reporting. These are unconfirmed. Also, someone said that the lansing plant only has capacity to spit out about 7000-8000 cars yearly. I don't know how they can increase production to 15000. Unless these are all BS I have collected from other web sites.

I for one hope they do not make too many of them so they retain their value. A bit selfish, but I'd like to sell mine for a profit.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Links to sources

How about when individuals post information to information, they post the url of the source too. That might help eliminate hearsay and gossip, i.e., rumors. Of course, many of the urls are sources of more gossip and rumors too, but the GM quotes should certainly have an url to them like the latest GM info. on the Signature Series. This one for example is quite good:

http://media.gm.com/

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
password

:banghead I am afraid you can't access it at all unless you are a member of the press. There are still lots of nice things to see for the general public however.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have access to the whole site. :) I'll try to keep up with all of the latest press releases and post them in the news section.

btw... the latest press release regarding the Signature Series once again claims production of 14 - 15k per year. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts