Chevy SSR Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
14-15 K sounds good...

:D How can you confirm the14K-15K number? Rick Wagoner may have been right. Maybe we will be able to buy this car! The big question is when and at what price. I for one simply will not go over MSRP. I can wait till this fall if that is in fact a reality. I have money but don't plan to squander it around just to be first. MSRP or bust!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Here is the quote from a GM press release. The entire release is in the News section. It is the update on the signature series thread.

The Chevy SSR will be built at General Motors' Lansing (Mich.) Craft Centre. Current plans are to build approximately 14,000-15,000 units annually.

G

·
My dealer tells me that production for 2003 SSR's will be 3100. I have 1 ordered, the quote sheet is in my hand along with the deposit receipt, and I am paying $45,655, for a red SSR. Yellow SSR's are $350 extra. I ordered all options, including: preferred equipment group 1sb, tow package, cargo netting package, cargo compartment trim, auxilary gauge package, customized floor mats, and front license plate bracket. I was originally told June or July, then August or September, now dealers says by the end of the year. By the way, 1sb includes the 6 disc in dash bose system.
He also told me they will get 30 SSR's. SSR allocation is based directly on Corvette sales. My dealer sells a ton of Corvettes. Also my dealer owns 18 GM dealerships here in SoCal.

G

·
need4speed
has your dealer said anything about when manual tranny's will be available, I'll hold out for one of thoes.
:D

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.