Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I know the RH side one is for the cupholder, but what the heck is the one on the LH (Driver's side) for?? It's rotated 90 degrees from the passenger side one, so it's obviously not for a cupholder... and who'd want a cupholder under their knee anyway.

My dealer was clueless as to what it was for - though one *creative* salesguy said with plenty of assuredness;

"Oh yeah - that's where you put your cell phone clip"

:willy:

·
OP
8,226 Posts
CA_Ridgerunner said:
OK... I know the RH side one is for the cupholder, but what the heck is the one on the LH (Driver's side) for?? It's rotated 90 degrees from the passenger side one, so it's obviously not for a cupholder... and who'd want a cupholder under their knee anyway.

Your dealer is an idiot:eek
The verticle clip is for the verticle cupholder provided on the 2003-2004 SSR's which had verticle clips on both sides of the console, but had to continue to warranty fix them when they would break due to forward seat movement.
There is much more to this as well. Do a search as you will find past threads full of similar information.

·
Registered
86 Posts
CA_Ridgerunner said:

My dealer was clueless as to what it was for - though one *creative* salesguy said with plenty of assuredness;

"Oh yeah - that's where you put your cell phone clip"

It is these kind of things that give dealerships bad names...If you don't know, don't make something up...go find out the correct answer...Saying "I'm not sure, but I can sure find out, just give me a minute" sure promotes better feelings from the customer than giving the wrong info...Hope that saleman was new...and now has learned...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts