Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made some of the SSR Logo's from tagboards and want to bring them to a plastics company to have them fabricate them for me in the following way:
The SS in chrome or mirrored plastic
The R in red plastic
I plan on putting the larger one the size of the embossed logo under the engine hood (the flimsy heat shied). It should add some nice interest to that rather blah area.
The other smaller one is going to go on the little triangular compartment under the tonu.
Does anyone know where I can have that work done? I would of course prefer someone in my own state but am open to ideas.

Have you noticed that the engine heat shield is extremely thin and easily torn? I definately am thinking of taking it off, making templates for the shapes under the hood, and having them all done in mirrored plastic for show purposes. What do you think? I saw a corvette Z06 done that way at a show and it was awesome! He did it with velcro and mirrored plastic. Wish I had gotten his number.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Norva Plastics in Norfolk, Va will do the work I need. Takes one to two weeks. Will let ya'll know how good the work is after I get them done. ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cruzned,

I just had my SSR in for the 3000 service and had them replace my hood insulator, part no. 15132796. The dealer immediately ordered the part and installed it during my scheduled service. The insulator was cracked near the hood support arm, but about three inches in from there. I'm concerned that this one will also crack, but the dealer told me not to worry. If it cracks again they will replace it and I'm sure Cherolet knows there is an issure with this material or how they are supporting it. I know of one other SSR that had the same problem and now it seems yours has also cracked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts