Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my nephew has a 2006 ssr loaded 26,000 miles. he has fallen on hard times and ask me to sell it for him. I don't know much about these trucks but figured you guys could help. i am trying to stay away from the scams and low ballers if anyone interested could contact me, I hope am in the right place I'm sure someone will let me know if not thanks, mike

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
my nephew has a 2006 ssr loaded 26,000 miles. he has fallen on hard times and ask me to sell it for him. I don't know much about these trucks but figured you guys could help. i am trying to stay away from the scams and low ballers if anyone interested could contact me, I hope am in the right place I'm sure someone will let me know if not thanks, mike
more info like price, location etc will help

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more info like price, location etc will help
The truck is in northern neck va , I am mainly trying to find out if anyone may be interested and what is a fair price before I get to involved, sorry for being so vague,mike

·
Premium Member
May 2017 ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
6,437 Posts
$25K + depending on condition, upgrades, tires, etc.
Prices have been going up as of late for clean trucks.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand and I don't want to waste anyones time , I am 74 yrs old and just trying to help him out I am just as worried about getting scammed as you guys are thanks,mike

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand and I don't want to waste anyones time , I am 74 yrs old and just trying to help him out I am just as worried about getting scammed as you guys are thanks,mike
Some more info completely original, 6 speed, all bells and whistles red in color if we were to get serious i could get some pictures, I don't want to waste time on someone e wanting g to flip this I think it should go to someone that is looking for a low mileage FIND,mike

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
check the ssr's for sale section in this forum and you can get an idea of pricing for other ssr's for sale

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
check the ssr's for sale section in this forum and you can get an idea of pricing for other ssr's for sale
Thats what i have been doing and it seems to move around alot i haven't seen to many with 26,000 miles and all the bells / whistles, thanks,mike

·
Premium Member
9,472 Posts
Adding a note about the 6 speed was a good thing. Only 2000 of the 24000 have a manual transmission. Adds at least 2K to the value, likely more.

More items for your checklist:

Does it have chrome wheels? Those are worth 2K more than the painted satin wheels.

Does it have carpeted trunk. Only half the trucks built had carpeting. You would have to pay quite a bit if you can find a used one to replace the standard tupperware trunk area.

Does it have the chrome package on the inside and outside? That was worth a bunch more from the factory, and only about 1000 of the 2006 trucks had that package.

Does it have running boards, and if so, are they red or satin? Red boards add significant value.

If the serial number is 23287 or higher, it is a Final Production, or FPR truck. No monetary value from the factory, as the last 826 built were badged as FPR trucks. It adds a bunch to desirability.

The red color was available all 4 model years, so no great plus there.

Hope that helps you sort out the value of the truck.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Thats what i have been doing and it seems to move around alot i haven't seen to many with 26,000 miles and all the bells / whistles, thanks,mike
they all have the bells and whistles - there are upgrades and repairs that a lot of owners have made and yes the prices are all over - I actually listed my, a signature series (one of the first 25 made) with 15,700 miles on it for $29,000 and have had a lot of inquires, but only one serious buyer so far

For a 2006 you should be able to get $25,000 - good luck

·
Slingshot Rules!
81,120 Posts
Definitely "Low Mileage," Mike !

As for the "Bells and Whistles" . . . there seems to be only a few that really make a big difference.

In your case, the Six Speed is probably the biggest positive.

Good Luck.

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Definitely "Low Mileage," Mike !

As for the "Bells and Whistles" . . . there seems to be only a few that really make a big difference.

In your case, the Six Speed is probably the biggest positive.

Good Luck.

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !
Thanks for all the support I am going to get more info and pictures this weekend will post afterwords ,mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Friend just bought a2006 red, 6 speed, 3ss package , 3000 miles. 37000. Chrome wheels, gauge package, no shiny chrome. I think it was a good deal for that mileage

1 - 19 of 19 Posts