Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again...

Could some people who went to either of the two LLC tours PLEASE post any information obtained in a clear, concise forum? More specifically, updates on colors, final production details, two-tones, availabilty, etc....

I've been checking daily, with spurts of info here and there.

I'd just like the FULL scoop. Thanks!

Jeff

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Well , we weren't allowed to take pictures.
Final numbers is being kept a secret
Final color is also a secret

They are giving 1 SSR away to an employee, But they would'nt say what color, serial # , or where in production line.

I do know the last SSR will go to the GM heritage muesum
The 2nd to last is being auctioned off for charity. But don't know the serial # or color.

Red and yellow where done
alot of two-tone
alot of smokin asphalt
alot of pacific blue.

All in all ....I had a BLAST !:flag

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What two tone did you see? Any silver over blue, blue over silver, aqua/silvers, or blue over black?????????????

Thanks!
Jeff

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Alot of black/silver
alot of silver/black

Saw 1 blue over black
some silver

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Silver/Auqa Blur & Pacific Blue/Black

ggoat!!! said:
What two tone did you see? Any silver over blue, blue over silver, aqua/silvers, or blue over black?????????????

Thanks!
Jeff
THe Feb 27th tour a silver/Auqa Blur.........very sharp :thumbs
On the line for the March 2nd tour we did see a Pacific Blue/Black. I wasn't sure I would have like this color combo..... butI really did.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow really? A silver/aqua???? Silver on top???? Wow! Did someone get any pictures????

And as far as the blue/silvers, were they blue or silver on the top??? Please let me know! :)

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
615 Posts
For some strange reason, Black was everywhere, Pacific Blue next, Black/Silver, Silver/Black, Aqua/Silver, Silver/Aqua. It would seem that 2 tones will be the rare colors in years to come. They explained about Gray/Silver, Yellow, etc. as base under coats, thus can not be Red/Black 2 tone SSR's are Red would windup Pink. Both tours thanks to Debbie were the Definitive SSR Experience. Enlighting about the cutting of 14" OUT OF THE TRAILBLAZER FRAME FOR THE SSR. If, one could just bottle Chris's energy, lots of money could be made.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
As I stated the night after the 27th tour I don't care for Aqua Blur. But they had a two tone Aqua Blur bottom with Silver upper and it was BEAUTIFUL. It was a completed unit sitting in sort of a display area near the end of the line. I gave an interview to the news people leaning on this particular SSR.

·
Registered
41 Posts
March 2nd Tour

Many two tones were present, black on silver, silver on black, I saw a silver on pacific blue that was unusual and on the line was a pacific blue over black which was attractive. I was told many of the cars were orders and all of them had the "Final Production Run" emblem inside of the car.

Looking through the ASC tour, I saw all the colors ready to be made so I suspect other colors will be coming down the final line.

I was surprised by not seeing one 6 speed and I spoke to a line worker who said there weren't as many. I also think the chrome package was the best look for the car yet many cars were still in Satin.

Again back at ASC, the assembly of the dashboards had mainly satin and not chrome. This could be as a result of the orders taken and owners preference.

I personally got more out of the ASC tour due to accessibility. It was amazing cutting down a Chevy Tahoe frame by 13" to make the SSR frame.
:flag

·
Registered
41 Posts
Two tone

Again, the color two tone other than the black/silver combo was

Silver top/Pacific Blue bottom
Pacific blue top/Black bottom

Very different and very rare. I can't remember seeing any bright chrome on them.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I believe they do one color run at a time so that they don't have to change back and forth causing a lot of down time. MTC

:smash :smash :smash​

1 - 12 of 12 Posts