Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello SSR Fanatics, I am interested in buying my first SSR and I have been looking for a little while now and I was just wondering if some of you can give me some advice on what to look for and what to stay away from. I would be very grateful for anything you can provide.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers...Wally

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Hello SSR Fanatics, I am interested in buying my first SSR and I have been looking for a little while now and I was just wondering if some of you can give me some advice on what to look for and what to stay away from. I would be very grateful for anything you can provide.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers...Wally
Hi Wally , the forum can be a lot to take in when you first join. I would suggest you post in the "general SSR" forum SSR General Discussion - Chevy SSR Forum to get the most input.

Chuck

·
HobbyBob
589 Posts
Hi Wally,
I am HobbyBob in Illinois. I could not tell from your post where you live. I would suggest checking with other fanatics in your geographic area , or put a list together of what year, color, trans, and options and let the members help in your search. These owners are the best suorce of info because we have been there or are going there soon.Good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
New guy signing in

Hi everyone. I'm beginning my quest for an SSR and signed up so I can do a bit of research. A forum like this has proven invaluable in the past for previous purchases such as my Chevy diesel truck and Jag XK8. If / when I get an SSR it will be the newest car I've owned.

Looking forward to reading about all your experiences.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is there away that I can change my sign in name? when, I first signed on the page it asked for my name which I gave but did not realise this would be used as my handle name.
So, can this be changed?

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
Is there away that I can change my sign in name? when, I first signed on the page it asked for my name which I gave but did not realise this would be used as my handle name.
So, can this be changed?
Send your request in a PM to MarcNY, LTs SSR or OP, they can get 'er done for you.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Oh well Marc, you tried.:crazy

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
We e-mailed each other some time ago. Please e mail me a contact number
Who are you talking to by email? Interesting first post.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Thanks.

As a recent member I was a little confused recently while reviewing some post. Some members were using the forum as if it was their personal "Facebook" to communicate with other members.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Probably breaking some rules here but I need some advice before purchasing an SSR which I can purchase today.

On the fence to purchase an SSR. I have two vettes and an 2008 Impala SS. so I am familiar with expensive, odd size tires.

I like to drive my stuff and do not want to buy this SSR and find out I cannot get new tires as I want to run this on the interstate, not trailer it, to any shows.

Tire rack says OEM size tires are not available. Is this true?

If yes, I am changing rims (and buying tires and TPMs) and storing factory stuff for the "collector" after me.

Can I get a decent chrome rim and a set of run flats and where do I look and what is my recommended budget? Need quick good answer as car is for sale now and it is an estate sale.

Any good advice is appreciated this am (Mon Aug 17).

Apologies if I broke protocol but I could not figure out how to start a new thread so I replied to this one.

Many thanks in advance. Sorry for any inconvenience.

·
BlueStreak
26,574 Posts
Buy it if the price is right for you. Tires are available. I am running Continental Cross Contacts. I got them from a Firestone store.
In the future you might want to post this kind of a question in the Tech Forums rather than general discussion.

Welcome to the Fanatics from one of the SoCal Nuts, currently in GA on a Road Trip.

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Do it, Do it, Do it, don't wait! You absolutely need an SSR for your collection. Why wait, Time, Tide nor Death waits for no one. Buy it, then come to the 2015 SSR International Rally in Springfield, Illinois, September 20th thru the 24th. We'd love to have you! Google 2015 SSR International Rally at the top of this web site for further information. Tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Many tires available for the oddball SSR sizes, to fit stock wheels.

Several of us run Nitto Invos, 255-40/19 front, and 315-35/20 rears. Very slightly undersized, but no problem at all. Some run Toyos that are slightly higher profile in the front.

The OEM Goodyears were not great tires - several Fanatics have had accidents in wet weather with them, mostly accelerating on an on ramp. OK in dry conditions, but I found the Invos much better in all conditions.

I've had 5 SSRs, still keep a supercharged 6 speed as a driver. I have not had any interest in a Vette since getting the SSR. Wife much prefers the ride height, ease of getting in and out, and the constant positive response to the truck.

Most enjoyable vehicle I've ever had - except maybe my 1967 GTO - but that's another story.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
33 Replies
34 Participants
Flassh
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing