Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice/comments on this from someone who has experienced somehting similar would be greatly appreciated. I leased my SSR. My dealer made a mistake on the contract. They sold me a 12,000 mi. lease and typo'd the contract to say 15,000 miles. A week later they call me insisting that they come to me immediatly to write a new contract.
I negotiated a toolbox during the deal but it never got written into the contract either. I called my salesman a few times and asked him about when I would see it and he both times he said he'd talk to parts and get back to me. He didn't get back to me either time. So when his boss called me and insited that they come over immeadiatly I said, "Great, I'll sign anything you want if you bring that tool box with you." He didn't know anything about the tool box.(selective memory). So I refreshed his memory. Then he said in a commanding tone, "If I'm going to go all the way back to parts(it's about a 30 second walk) to see if we even have on eof these in stock then I want to know where you are going to be in the next hour." My answer was, "This item was supposed to be ordered for me and your telling me it wasn't? Let me make this real simple for you sir. No box, no signiture." He says that he'll look into it and then we hang up.
Then about 2 minutes later my trusty salesman calls me and gets real stern. He asked me if I was incinuating that he was a liar. I was a bit taken back and told him that I din't have time for any games. If they want me to take time out of my day to fix their problem I want assurance that I'm going to get what we agreed on. Then he tells me that Chevy is not accepting the contract and in order for me to keep the truck we have to settle this matter right away because WE DO NOT HAVE A CONTRACT.
I had about enough of this nonesense as I distinctly remember signing a contract, writing them a check, and driving off in a new SSR which now has 600 miles on it. I said, " Excuse me sir but we do have a contract." " O.K. fine then," He says, and then he HUNG UP ON ME. I felt like calling him right back and chewing him out for hanging up on me but I refrained...I really had a lot of work to do found this whole ordeal to be a big distraction.
Five minutes later his boss calls me up and says that the tool box is ordered, they will deliver it and the new contract in 7 days.

Does anybody here know about leasing? After the way I was treated I feel like telling them to take a hike and not signing their contract.... Do you think they will loose money or just not make any. Do you think they have any recourse? IT sure doesn't seem like they would?
Comments please?
Zack

·
Registered
189 Posts
Zack, I know of folks that have been in similar situations before. The fact is that only a lawyer could be of service to you here. In the eyes of the law you are technically correct, you do have a contract with them. If it came down to it, in one second their (real) Customer GM would back them up and honor the terms of said contract in an effort to protect their own. Although you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you have really suffered no damages. Without damages (no, feelings are not considered), there is really no legal recourse. If you wanted to you could drive the car 15,000 miles and they would have no recourse because on paper, that is in fact the legal binding contract agreed to and signed by both parties.

I have only one "REAL" solution to this problem! Get dressed, go outside, and put the top down on your new SSR, take a long drive, and think of how privileged you are to have the option to do so! This issue will sort itself out and you will have many more miles and months of enjoyment out of a relationship that had a rocky start :)

Remember, everything in this life has a value:

1) Doing business with a crappy dealer - $0
2) The honor and privilege of driving a new SSR - Priceless

It all balances out in the end.....

My Best,

Rob

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Zack

I believe you will find 3,000 miles far out weighs that value of any kind of toolbox. "Drive it like you stole it"

P/P

Peace :flag

D

·
0 Posts
There is one of those fine dealers in Lafayette Lo

I will try to make this short,AT this dealer I looked at to 04s used red & black both had long scratches one on fender ,one on rear end.There was know bending you buy as is period.The I got a price on the Black new in the show room at the time the sales man quoted me sticker no negotiating.Then I enquired about the purple with nice rims no negotiating & was told I couldnt afford it,keep in mine I was there to co sighn for my son to buy a Monte Carlo.Well 1 mounth later buisness was good & I saw a Yellow 04 at a used car place we negotiated & I bought.Well 2 weeks later my rear dood would not latch,& I wanted a hitch installed.(this dealer is also a customer of mine I own a fence Co.)Everything was fine & the service man noticed my window Rubber Gaskit folded over & said it can be changed with the warenty.After a week & return trip & many calls with no return calls,I picked up my truck on a rainy day,the next day when I really washed it as I had done everyouther day that I had had the truck,I noticed a dent on my roof & 3 scratches on my passenger seat,also a scratch on my fender where they wiped it while supposely washing it.I went back the service man freaked & said no way,I got to get my boss,his boss said they didnt make the dent,& the seat was a defect in the seat,& absalutely did not scratch my fender.We went back & forth I being nice he being not.The mnger said,they did not do nothing wrong ,but he would pay for the roof to be fixed,& order a replacement cover for the center of the seat & they would change the cover. I fixed the dent ,they ordered the seat & I went to anouther dealer ,I will live with the seat & I touched up the fender,I have never been treated so bad ,even when I was inquiring on getting 05,or 06 ssr,sorry but that is a short version of a bad experience at Service Cheverlet

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Keep The Miles

You have a contract!!!! Tell them to stuff the box's and keep the miles :thumbs

·
Registered
66 Posts
Go for a Ride

You should be in the Drivers seat... Be CALM... don't get Even get Ahead...do not call them and if I could I would record any future conversations with the dealer. But I would get an lawyer..... Never thought I would say that.. go for a ride with the roof down enjoy the SSR
Semper Fi
Joe

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Be cool about it.

I suspect right now you are dealing with people who made a mistake and are trying to get it covered up before the boss finds out.

You can, let them stew, take em for a ride, or give them a free pass, without penalty.
Only one of those options is going to put them in your debt.

Go ahead plant a obligation. It may never pay off, but then there might come a time where they can do something they would not usually be inclined to do. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
You have a signed contract and I would hold them to it.

I would also call GM customer service and report the behavior of these guys. In my opinion, that is unacceptable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Zack
In re-reading you post, just what did you agree to pay for a 12000 miles or 15000 miles .. If you paid for a 12000 mile one ....and they made an honest mistake , I would hold their feet to the fire on the tool box, and sign the appropriate contract. JMO
Semper Fi
Joe

·
Registered
395 Posts
ZACK
What ever happened to the customer's always right ? ? ? You DO have a contract, if the dealer screwed up and it's in your favor too bad, he'll have to live with it. It's not like people are standing in line to lease SSRs as they are unloaded. Or is he the ONLY dealer in the nation with real shortage of SSRs ? ? ?
Hang in there I'm sure he also knows that there is a contract, sounds like he's trying B.S. you ! ! ! !

GOOD LUCK :thumbs

·
Registered
137 Posts
I Have some Questions

First of all, alot of you know that I am in the car business and have been for a long time. There are good dealers and bad, contrary to popular belief, there are more good than bad. Mistakes do happen and we take many more hits in this business than most people would like to believe. I don't know both sides of this story, nor does anybody else that is offering all this good advise, but I know that my dealership will do all that is possible to make things right. There are very few dealers out there today that promise any thing without a "due bill" of some sort.
If there is a mistake on the contract, the right thing to do is make it right. If there was something promised, You should have a DUE BILL that would indicate that . I'm sorry for sticking up for the car dealership, but as I said, there are many more good ones out there than bad...CSI is everything to the owner of a car store today.
Now I am ready to take all the stones you can throw.........

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:
You have a contract!!!! Tell them to stuff the box's and keep the miles :thumbs

Ditto :thumbs

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
192 Posts
steve said:
First of all, alot of you know that I am in the car business and have been for a long time. There are good dealers and bad, contrary to popular belief, there are more good than bad. Mistakes do happen and we take many more hits in this business than most people would like to believe. I don't know both sides of this story, nor does anybody else that is offering all this good advise, but I know that my dealership will do all that is possible to make things right. There are very few dealers out there today that promise any thing without a "due bill" of some sort.
If there is a mistake on the contract, the right thing to do is make it right. If there was something promised, You should have a DUE BILL that would indicate that . I'm sorry for sticking up for the car dealership, but as I said, there are many more good ones out there than bad...CSI is everything to the owner of a car store today.
Now I am ready to take all the stones you can throw.........
Steve,
Overall I agree with you that there are more good dealers than bad and in general I have been very happy with some of my Chevy dealers. Even at a dealership, there are good people and bad and sometimes you just have to work to find the right person. When I bought my Z06 I had great support from three dealers (two who couldn't get me a car but helped me find one, and the third who treated me well on the sale).

But, in this case, and not really talking about the tool box, it really appears to me (from the admittedly one sided story) that the dealership is treating this customer very rudely. If they called me and told me to come in with that attitude, I'd tell them to pack sand and I'd be on the phone to the corporate customer service reps 5 seconds later. If the sales manager called me and politely told me they made a mistake and requested that I come in to discuss it with them at my convenience, I'd probably come in and talk to him.

In my opinion, they signed a contract. Whether the contract is wrong or not is not material in my mind. Both parties signed it and now it is a contract. If I was the original poster, I'd either keep my extra 3k a year mileage, or I'd go straight to the sales manager and negotiate (in writting) to downgrade it to 12k. Sounds like a toolbox would be a cheap way for the dealership to make this one right...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes

I agree that NO sales manager or salesman should talk to a customer that way. In fact, when a contract has to be resigned, we, as automoible people have to handle that situation with kid gloves. Having to resign a contract in the auto business happens more frequently than we would like, but there is also a form that the customer signs that relates to that. Granted, it is more or less due to making a contract fundable, ie. rate, term, more info on credit app., etc. In this day in the automobile business, CSI is king, so I just find it hard to believe that this situation got this blown out of porportion. Having said this, I also known that some situations can get personal and that is usually when things turn out this way. Again I hope that you can understand my point of view. But, I am a realist and I know that I am in the minority. Now I will quote what many of you do. Only because I like it "NOW YOU HAVE MY 2 CENTS" :seeya

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your 2 cents!!

I just want to thank you all for your input.
I am in sales and when I make a mistake I pay for it. Recently I paid $1,200 to have a sprinkler system put in some home buyer's yard becuase when I input the home on the internet I mistakenly clicked the box that says the home has a sprinkler system...one click cost me 1200 clams!
I think I'm going to let them slide on the 3,000 miles..I'll probably buy the truck at the end of the lease anyway..
BUT I'm getting my damn toolbox!!! ha ha
Again, you guys are great and thanks for the input.
ZAck :seeya

·
Registered
442 Posts
no change req'd

Sounds like you have a contract that allows 15,000 miles per year and you probably won't drive that much anyway. Screw getting a lawyer ----- EVER! I would normally consider being a nice guy and signing the new 12K contract but after the way the two jerks acted towards you, they are not worthy of your kindness and should receive none. No discussion is needed with them. The toolbox should have nothing to do with a new contract. It was promised to you, PERIOD!!! Sign no new contract and tell them their lack of manners caused you to not want to do anything for them and you STILL expect the promised toolbox. ....and then HANG UP!!!!!!!!!!!! ....and forget it!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd like to

That's exactly what I'd like to do. I own a pretty prominant real estate business in town though and am some what of a public figure. I really don't want 2 more people out there badmouthing me.(there's already enough of that going on) In light of that I think it might be advantagous to work it out rather than stuff it in their faces. One of my clients is a lawyer and I recently saved him about $8,000 on a real estate purchase.. I could probably get him to look at it for free. The dealer also lied to me and told me there was no such thing as a cargo kit(?) the one with the bed trim. They told me that they had never heard of that and that must be an aftermarket part. (Maybe they weren't lying just ignorant) I'm thinking about pressing them to give me that as well to sign the new lease.
Zack :cool

·
Registered
189 Posts
Zack said:
The dealer also lied to me and told me there was no such thing as a cargo kit(?) the one with the bed trim. They told me that they had never heard of that and that must be an aftermarket part. (Maybe they weren't lying just ignorant) I'm thinking about pressing them to give me that as well to sign the new lease.
Zack :cool

Zack,

I have two friends that could not live without the cargo kit. Once they put it in the already storage limited bed they both realized that they had eaten up most of the room back there. One of them even turned around and put the kit on eBay and sold it at a loss. If you are going to press them for something, make it about their broken promise (i.e. the tool box) not something that you may or may not really want or use. Just one mans opinion :cool

Regards,

Rob

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Zack,

I am onthe fence with this one. Yes you have a contract and yes you could stick it to them but here are my thoughts. You made one mistake by admitting on the www that you was awear that they made a mistake. The other is keeping the truck.

Hold on before everyone goes off here. This is what i would do and take it with a grain of salt. I would tell the dealer that in light of everything that has happened and the way you was treated that you do not wish to resign a contract and if that was not acceptable then you would return the truck and walk away. "It is not like there is only this one on the lot's in America"

Future service from this dealer will never be satisfactory and I can only see trouble from this dealer.

There are other dealers and thousands of these trucks sitting on lots.. I found mine by going to Autotrader and the dealer I purchased it from had it listed there. New dealers list new cars on there also! and I got a great deal.

Just something you might want to think about but I am willing to bet you will never get any decent service from this dealer and trust me, your SSR will need it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Zack

I 'm in the car business and we are all human. Why do we need to hold someones feet to the fire for a human error. Have you never made one!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts