Chevy SSR Forum banner

Please welcome Marc NY to his new role!

4K views 50 replies 41 participants last post by  BIG JIM 
#1 ·
Marc will be adding a new title under his name. He is the first moderator for SSRfanatic! :cheers

Marc has been a very active member with a level head. I think that he will do a great job in his new role. But be careful... he can now edit/lock/delete threads and posts! :leaving

Marc's main job will be to ensure that we continue to keep the peace on SSRfanatic as new members come on board. He'll also keep an eye out for commercial promotion by non-supporting vendors.

Marc - please tell everyone a little about yourself in this thread so we can all get to know you a bit better.

Thanks!

Troy

#5 ·
Congraulations Marc

Well Marc glad to hear you are helping us keep this site going as i have learned and asked alot of questions.Duh lol but we need people like you to keep us all going now for your Sectary i elect Buffy hey Buffy hope you like the pun smiling.Well good Luck to all concerned Doug. :thumbs

#11 ·
Congrats

Congratulation MarcNY. Troy couldn't have picked a better moderator. Keep up the good work. I really appreciate all your input. :party

#14 ·
Congrats Marc

Even though I've only been here a couple weeks, this site is as organized as any I have participated in. A moderator takes a lot of the "monitoring pressures" off the administrator, even though the site doesn't seem to need a "thread police" official. That says a lot for the participants. I'm glad to be a part of it. :)

Peace

#19 · (Edited)
Thank You!

Hi Everyone,

First of all I want to say a big thank you to Troy for having the courage to enlist me into being our SSRfanatic’s first moderator. I agreed to become a moderator only for the reason that I felt our site was truly the most enjoyable site that I have ever visited. Almost everyone on here respects each other and if there are any differences they usually get ironed out pretty quickly. There are many on here that step in and help mend or soften up some of the hurt feelings that every so often occur on here.

So my first question is… does this new undertaking come with a month tryout period? ;) I accepted this opportunity because I truly enjoy being a member on here. However, to be truthful I am a wee bit nervous about becoming a moderator for our SSRfanatic site. I certainly don’t want to lose my ability to interact with everyone on here and I do anticipate having continued fun and sharing even more.

I have come to appreciate being an active member on here over the past several months. I have learned a lot from the information that has been shared on here. It makes a big difference when we go to a dealer armed with all sorts of information and data we shared on here. I certainly have met many great people and have thoroughly enjoyed our threads and chats. I anticipate that our fun will continue and that we all will get to share many more jabs and quips on here too.

If you have any concerns or questions please PM me anytime and I will do my best to respond back to you as soon as I can. However if you feel the need to ask Troy a question you still can contact him through your PMs. I know he has been quite busy especially with the huge Corvette forum and of course with his young family too.

PS Thank you to all of you that have given me your kind replies and words of encouragement up there... just to let you know the pay is terrible as a Moderator... so I can’t quit my day job… darn it lol oh... yes, and Buffy and Keith "kawhopper89"... you guys best be watchful now that I can actually edit your threads and perhaps take some of your great photographic work and claim them as my work... lol

:jester

#50 ·
Hi Everyone,

I accepted this opportunity because I truly enjoy being a member on here. However, to be truthful I am a wee bit nervous about becoming a moderator for our SSRfanatic site. I certainly don’t want to lose my ability to interact with everyone on here and I do anticipate having continued fun and sharing even more.
:jester

It will never happen ....losing your ability to interact with everyone that is :)

Marc no doubt you have done an outstanding job ...there was one time in my 4 years of visiting this forum and I had swore I wasn't coming back.....you controlled the situation at that time very well making it possible for me to continue here in SSR Fanatic land and knowing that the future of the site was and will be in good hands!!!

Thanks for all you do and will continue to do and Congrats to the Finest of Moderator Positions!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 ·
Marc:

You clearly stand out on this forum… you deserve this appointment! I hope it enhances your enjoyment (since the pay is so loosely)!

Good luck and let me know how I can help… this is a great forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.