Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did you ever like the Prowler? Why did you get the SSR? I own a 02/Prowler, I love the look of the Prowler, I hated the front and back bumper, cheap plastic that belongs on a playground. Some of the other owners took them off but I didnt like the either with them off. It had a rough ride and with the top down, it was like being on a motorcycle. Just my 2cents, I really think the SSR is hot, one cool ride and heavyduty made. I love the retro look!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Prowler and Viper and love them. I have been following the SSR for a long time and would love to make it my next sports car. I have one more garage bay waiting for one! The only downfall to the SSR for me is that it is not as limited as the other 2.

Prowler: 5 years - 12,000 built
Viper: 10 years - 12,000 built
SSR: each year - 12,000 built

Nonetheless, if I could squeeze out the $$, I'd snap up one in a heartbeat ! :)

C

·
0 Posts
I own a 2001 Prowler and 2 pre 49" Street Rods. The Prowler is still the only factory hot rod and the best headturner here in town.My friend has a SSR . I´m going to get one this year. 2003/2004 SSR´s are getting cheaper each month . 2005 are very powerful. It depens on my money, but I think I go for a 2004 SSR with chrome wheels, put Air-Ride in and flame it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have three Prowlers and would not sell any of them. I have 04 SSR and feel the same about it. They are two different animals and both have different positive points.
Neal

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
AndyR said:
I have a Prowler and Viper and love them. I have been following the SSR for a long time and would love to make it my next sports car. I have one more garage bay waiting for one! The only downfall to the SSR for me is that it is not as limited as the other 2.

Prowler: 5 years - 12,000 built
Viper: 10 years - 12,000 built
SSR: each year - 12,000 built

Nonetheless, if I could squeeze out the $$, I'd snap up one in a heartbeat ! :)

ANDY, ANDY, ANDY,

I hope that you get down on your knees every night and thank God for being such a lucky man! You have more toys than most (more than me for sure) and your garage is SUPER!

Have fun!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Prowler/SSR

:yesnod
I have a 2000 Silver Prowler and a 2004 Silver SSR. The SSR is a daily driver. The wife's car is a PT Cruiser Turbo. I just like the retro look.

Richard

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think my SSR looks good next to one

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Buffy said:
ANDY, ANDY, ANDY,

I hope that you get down on your knees every night and thank God for being such a lucky man! You have more toys than most (more than me for sure) and your garage is SUPER!

Have fun!
That is not a garage, it is a car condo, Those are some happy cars. :thumbs

S

·
0 Posts
AndyR, What do you do? Go out and sit in your recliner, look at your beautiful cars, and say, "I wonder what the poor people are doing today?" :glol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sam Fowler said:
AndyR, What do you do? Go out and sit in your recliner, look at your beautiful cars, and say, "I wonder what the poor people are doing today?" :glol
Sam, you forgot to add "and watch the Plasma TV on the wall"!! ;)

Really though, I own a self serve car wash and a beer drive thru (for those who have not seen one, you drive in the building, and I get your beer, wine, cigs, lotto etc. Not just a drive up window).

Not rich by far, but proud of our hard work to build our business.

My wife calls it my Man Cave.

S

·
0 Posts
OOPS! And I also forgot the lift to raise the Prowler, so you can park another expensive car underneath! :lol
Silly me! :jester

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I almost bought one of the last new Prowlers in this area.

Oh the wind.

One lap, top down, around the mall at 40mph was enough punishment.

Still, I would like to have one, to keep in the garage, and drive on those rare days.

·
Registered
371 Posts
AndyR said:
Sam, you forgot to add "and watch the Plasma TV on the wall"!! ;)

Really though, I own a self serve car wash and a beer drive thru (for those who have not seen one, you drive in the building, and I get your beer, wine, cigs, lotto etc. Not just a drive up window).

Not rich by far, but proud of our hard work to build our business.

My wife calls it my Man Cave.
Andy....No jealousy here....Congratulations on enjoying the fruits of your labor!...don't hesitate, buy an SSR....they are really fun and a great attention getter....besides, even if they do not become such a collectors item, they make a great daily driver!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Nice Toys!

SSRcobra said:
I think my SSR looks good next to one
Hey Tom & Andy,

Wow...
nice looking rides you guys have there. :thumbs

Even though few of them may not be made by
... I certainly can appreciate them and I do admire all of your fun toys and those great accessories too. ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
To bad that Woodward prowler isn't mine :(
oh well I still think they look good together :lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a Backyard Buddy. They are in Northern Ohio. I have had it for a few years and has worked great. Probably around $3k.

Backyardbuddy.com

·
Registered
132 Posts
I feel home here ... feels like the prowler board..

AndyR
steve t
ronc
me
rj5620
Neal Bardens

who am i missing...LOL

I loved my woodward sold it last year....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts