Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any bracket polishing or ordered any polished brackets and or pulleys. I am in the process of adding a polished MagnaCharger and want to do some other things while under the hood. Brackets, pulleys, braided hoses and misc covers.

Any links or part numbers would be great. Knowing that it will work on our trucks is a plus before ordering.

Also interested in brakes. New lines, rotors and calipers.

Scott

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,999 Posts
I was thinking to do some of the same thing eventually.. SS braided brakelines are in the works. I'll be posting details as soon as I get the development set installed.

·
Registered
504 Posts
polish

Hey scott,

I hand polished my valve covers and they turned out real nice. I used emory paper and a couple of cotton buffing wheels on a drill with plenty of stick rouge compound.It took abaout 1 hour per side.
I've been checking out brake systems for a good year and a half and founf no one making the 14" big brake kits for the SSR and don't intend to do so in the future do to nominal demand.You can get stock sized rotors with slots and drilled but not 14". Very frustrating. If you find someone please let me know.

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.