Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smile2:
In one of the boxes of all the extra stuff I returned from Vegas with was these billet SSR cap covers as you see here on the Oil filler, Pwr. S filler, master cyl. and washer jar.

I had two extra, one was for the radiator overflow tank, but that is stainless also and has its own chrome cap.

The remaining (ugly) cap lid is off to the right and not seen in this pic. It is the vented cap cover for the clutch slave. That extra vent top protrudes above the rest of the cap and thus one of these SSR billets just doesn't fit and/or look right perched on top of it.

Does anyone know of a alternative cover for the clutch cap.???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
In one of the boxes of all the extra stuff I returned from Vegas with was these billet SSR cap covers as you see here on the Oil filler, Pwr. S filler, master cyl. and washer jar.

I had two extra, one was for the radiator overflow tank, but that is stainless also and has its own chrome cap.

The remaining (ugly) cap lid is off to the right and not seen in this pic. It is the vented cap cover for the clutch slave. That extra vent top protrudes above the rest of the cap and thus one of these SSR billets just doesn't fit and/or look right perched on top of it.

Does anyone know of a alternative cover for the clutch cap.???

@Dragon2U on this site probably has what you are looking for.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
The caps and the radiator tank are all alluminum and are items I make and sell. You are correct, there is no clutch cover due to the way that the tank needs to breath. People that have ordered the caps from me that have a manual trans sometimes order an extra brake cover to put over the OEM cover since that is sized the closest to it.

The only other option that I have to offer is to replace entire clutch reservior with an aluminum one that has a nice cap on it but it takes just a small amount of fabricating to make it work.

I suppose that instead of just a fluid cover or replacing the entire reservior I could see about making a cover that fits over the entire assembly.......... That would hide the black cover, and the plastic tank but would not allow you to see the level very well. I do custom parts often, if you, or anyone else, is interested in doing something as a one off part feel free to contact me and maybe we can work something out.

There is a Camaro aluminum cap that is available that looks rather generic and would match your existing engine items, this might work for you -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/84-02-Camaro-Firebird-Billet-Aluminum-Clutch-Reservoir-Fluid-Cap-/292005838612

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The caps and the radiator tank are all alluminum and are items I make and sell. You are correct, there is no clutch cover due to the way that the tank needs to breath. People that have ordered the caps from me that have a manual trans sometimes order an extra brake cover to put over the OEM cover since that is sized the closest to it.

The only other option that I have to offer is to replace entire clutch reservior with an aluminum one that has a nice cap on it but it takes just a small amount of fabricating to make it work.

I suppose that instead of just a fluid cover or replacing the entire reservior I could see about making a cover that fits over the entire assembly.......... That would hide the black cover, and the plastic tank but would not allow you to see the level very well. I do custom parts often, if you, or anyone else, is interested in doing something as a one off part feel free to contact me and maybe we can work something out.

There is a Camaro aluminum cap that is available that looks rather generic and would match your existing engine items, this might work for you -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/84-02-Camaro-Firebird-Billet-Aluminum-Clutch-Reservoir-Fluid-Cap-/292005838612
Thanks, I checked out that source and it seems the SSR is NOT on the list for a matching fit.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,906 Posts
Got a Chrome 200 AMP alternator from Mike in AZ. for mine. That really spiffed up the under the hood look. Just an idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts