Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any luck finding one?

I found a stock unit I could have polished. Its 150.00. TPC will do it for free. The mechanic said it would take about a week in his spare time.
I stopped by and told them about winning two trophies at two different shows this weekend. They were pleased.

Just would like to find one ready to go for this wekend. The Home Depot is sponsoring a car show this weekend. I work for HD.

Antway, if you know where I can get one, please let me know.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I have been looking for a 2005 Throttle body to do the same thing. You are always 1 step ahead, slow down so I can at least catch up. It will look great all polished with the alt there also. Did you have all the front brackets polished too?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet....

I would like to buy a set and polish them and just do a swap. I wish I knew where to get them or if someone would do it. I would really like to dress it up.

I bought those billet coil covers (Fuel Rail Covers) that someone recommended, but they also need to be modified.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I have been watching e-bay for a cheap replacement to polish too. I dont want to take it off the road for a week or two. I am having a real hard time finding the throttle body that looks like ours, it seems to be a little different from the crate engine ones. If I see anything for yours I will tell you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Tb

Are you talking about the inside or outside? If the inside....

Having gone that route on a 90mm Vette TB save yourself some bucks and get a Variram velocity stack. They are about $50.00 and, in my experience, work as well as porting and posishing a tb. If you were talking about polishing the outside just get one chrome plated.
ESP

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I wonder if the C6 LS2 throttle body will work on the SSR. It looks to be a little nicer to polish as it has an aluminum housing over the electrical solenoid parts and mine has a plastic cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts