Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want the polished Valve Covers... but I'm not intending to add the SC to the rod. Now the delema... the engine cover will really subdue the effect of the polished valve covers because of it's breadth:nodno :nodno , and when you take it off, it is really ugly in there.:banghead The Lingenfelter cover also looks too big and would not showcase the polished valve covers.

2005SSR6SPEED, have you considered a replacement medalion type cover that would be black, or maybe color matching that will incorporate the SSR medalion cover, but only covers the intake manifold... about the same size as the SC maybe, so that we also can use the polished valve covers and really have them show off? I think this would be a real plus to your valve cover package.:D What would really be cool would be a carbon fiber medalion type cover about the size of the SC that incorporated the SSR polished silver medalion... or maybe one of the SSR badges!!!

What is the possibility of adding this? I'm sure that there are others who would want it as well.

BTW... THANKS for all your hard work getting some really great looking parts for our rods. :cheers :flag

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I have looked at this and can only say that the intake once you remove the cover is really ugly. I have been watching a thread on Performance trucks where they are painting the truck covers (3 piece) which might work. Take a look at what they are doing, maybe just the center cover ainted and the the valve covers/coil brackets?

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=351252

1 - 2 of 2 Posts