Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that many people have strong feelings on the upcoming elections. It is tempting to put your views out there for all to see.

I would prefer to keep this site about SSRs and not use it to make political points. One of the great things about a site like this is that it can bring together people of completely different backgrounds and belief systems for a common shared passion. You may find that you relate extremely well with someone from the opposite political persuasion when discussing SSRs.

That can be ruined by a focus on controversial non-SSR topics. Please refrain from putting political pictures and slogans in your avatars and signatures.

If you want to discuss politics you may do so in the Off Topic area. I'm not going to stop it. Do me a favor though and put [Politics] in the title. Then those that want to read it and debate may do so while those that do not want to can avoid it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
as a sign of respect for the owner of the site, I removed my avatar (no W).

But here is my point: When you are on boards like this, you tend to start friendships. Friends discuss different things and one may be politics. As long as it is in the right forum (off topic) and it is done without disrespecting anyone, I think it would be entertaining. But hey, this is Troy's site and I appreciate what he has done. So the No W sign is gone.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
love that self-portrait! lol

redssrloaded said:
as a sign of respect for the owner of the site, I removed my avatar (no W).

But here is my point: When you are on boards like this, you tend to start friendships. Friends discuss different things and one may be politics. As long as it is in the right forum (off topic) and it is done without disrespecting anyone, I think it would be entertaining. But hey, this is Troy's site and I appreciate what he has done. So the No W sign is gone.
Quite an avatar there, Red!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
redssrloaded said:
As long as it is in the right forum (off topic) and it is done without disrespecting anyone, I think it would be entertaining.
In the right forum without disrespecting anyone is fine. :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
zainossr said:
Quite an avatar there, Red!

rememeber I'm a Lord of the Rings freak. remember my plates: MY PRSH S

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
redssrloaded said:
rememeber I'm a Lord of the Rings freak. remember my plates: MY PRSH S
Hi RedSSRloaded,

It looks like my last Boss, after I told Him I was QUITTING!!:leaving

Happy Cruising :party

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
705 Posts
that's Gollum (AKA Smeagol) dude, get with the program...

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
OH MY So Touchy??

OH I got an such a strange response back from mr redssrloaded... HEY... smile that was a just a fun filled comment... where is your sense of humor??? I don't think I want to answer more than that here... SMILE

·
Registered
705 Posts
my comments were meant lightheartedly also, this written format sometimes hides facial expression. :cheers :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Smeagol

I probably shouldn't continue this line of comments, since it is clear that no one intended any harm and all is well in SSR-land, but...It was so funny to read "this written format sometimes hides facial expression" while looking at an avatar with the most animated facial expression anywhere on this site.

Cheers.

·
Registered
705 Posts
aaaah the irony :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts