Chevy SSR Forum banner

Trade SSR for CTS-V?

  • NO: Are you crazy, the SSR is a head turner and the coolest car on the market

    Votes: 55 90.2%
  • YES: Z06 engine, M# and AMG killer, 0-60 4.6 seconds, awsome styling, back seats for the kids

    Votes: 6 9.8%

  • Total voters
    61
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my SSR but I saw this Cadillac CTS-V tonight and it's a fine car. What do you think.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Trade or not?

I can't think of any car on the market I would trade my SSR for. Not even the '05 SSR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,175 Posts
Limited Edition ???

How many are they going to make??? 300 thousand units???
Keep the SSR and wait till Avis or Hertz are selling them on their Used Car Lots for a song.....:glol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great response guys. I knew it would be a tough sell on the board. I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. I'm not doing anything anytime soon.

Rick SSR, the CTS-V is a limited production also. It is not the same as the regular CTS. CTS-V


lloger, I'd be interested to know why you wouldn't want a more powerful 05 instead of the original? Do you guys think that the SSR first year edition will be considered a classic?

BTW, I spent 4 hours painting the calipers this weekend, I don't think I'm in a big hurry to trade it in, was just an idea. :jester
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Why would I?

redssrloaded said:
great response guys. I knew it would be a tough sell on the board. I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. I'm not doing anything anytime soon.

Rick SSR, the CTS-V is a limited production also. It is not the same as the regular CTS. CTS-V


lloger, I'd be interested to know why you wouldn't want a more powerful 05 instead of the original? Do you guys think that the SSR first year edition will be considered a classic?

BTW, I spent 4 hours painting the calipers this weekend, I don't think I'm in a big hurry to trade it in, was just an idea. :jester
I wouldn't trade for the '05 for several reasons. I didn't buy the SSR to race it, I bought it for what it was intended for, a cruiser. I personally believe it has plenty of power for it's intended purpose. I love to drive it and I drive it every day. At the price of gas now if the mileage was any worse and I had to put premuim gas in it, I'd probably have to drive it less. I've already done quite a few little detail upgrades to it and after it's lowered and the ghost flames are painted, I'd hate to have to start over again. As with anything we buy it's all a personal thing with each of us and these are only my personal opinions.
 

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
Joined
·
549 Posts
The CTS-V is a fantastic Sedan. Who wants a sedan? It has power hop and you will need to buy winter tires. If you were a stealth person you would never have bought an SSR in the first place.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
freezer said:
The CTS-V is a fantastic Sedan. Who wants a sedan? It has power hop and you will need to buy winter tires. If you were a stealth person you would never have bought an SSR in the first place.
Amen, Freeze - makes up for that Texas thing.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,206 Posts
Fun Wow!!!

"...If you were a stealth person you would never have bought an SSR in the first place..."

Whoa.... that is the BEST I have heard in a long while there Mr. FREEZER!!!!!! :lol (I am still rolling on the floor laughing my guts out here....) :glol

PS So... isn't it great that we can have so much fun with all our SSR buddies here? :grouphug
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,206 Posts
Don't trade!

lloger said:
I wouldn't trade for the '05 for several reasons. I didn't buy the SSR to race it, I bought it for what it was intended for, a cruiser. I personally believe it has plenty of power for it's intended purpose. I love to drive it and I drive it every day. At the price of gas now if the mileage was any worse and I had to put premuim gas in it, I'd probably have to drive it less. I've already done quite a few little detail upgrades to it and after it's lowered and the ghost flames are painted, I'd hate to have to start over again. As with anything we buy it's all a personal thing with each of us and these are only my personal opinions.
:agree Yes lloger I have to say unless you are really needing or wanting tons of HP and or want a 6-speed I wouldn't trade in for an 05 either! (I have to admit I would love to test drive a 6.0 L six speed)
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
It's all up to you

I too was taken by the CTS-V and, with the SSR being my 2nd 2-seater (the other being a C5) I sometimes wonder if the CTS-V would be a better 2nd fun vehicle. I still have small kids and often have to leave both the SSR and the Vette behind and take either the Impala or Tahoe. Depending on your personal situation this could be the right choice. No doubt, however, you'd miss the SSR. And you'd be going from the epitome of "non-stealth" to the absolute opposite with the CTS-V. I vote for a black CTS-V, by the way. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
freezer said:
snip... If you were a stealth person you would never have bought an SSR in the first place.
That is exactly why I probably would not be happy in any car if I sell my SSR. I came to that conclusion once I thought it over. I'm such a loser, I would miss the attention I'm getting. No other car turns head like this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Russr said:
I too was taken by the CTS-V and, with the SSR being my 2nd 2-seater (the other being a C5) I sometimes wonder if the CTS-V would be a better 2nd fun vehicle. I still have small kids and often have to leave both the SSR and the Vette behind and take either the Impala or Tahoe. Depending on your personal situation this could be the right choice. No doubt, however, you'd miss the SSR. And you'd be going from the epitome of "non-stealth" to the absolute opposite with the CTS-V. I vote for a black CTS-V, by the way. :)
See that's exactly how I felt. With the Small kids, every time I need to take my wife for a ride in the SSR, we need a babysitter. It sux. Another option would be to sell the BMW and lease the CTS-V. I don't think my wife is gonna go for that though. She wants to save more for retirement (am 38). Like I'm gonna make it to 50...
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Take a very close look at the legroom in the CTS-V. I am 6' and with the seat all the way back there is less than 2" between the driver's seatback and the rear seat bottom. Which means that anyone in the rear seat would need to be an infant. Basically you are looking at a "four door two seater". I'll keep my SSR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
I gave you a hard time with that other silly poll. When it comes to selecting what vehicle to drive ya just gotta make your self happy. Enjoy, SSR, CTS-V Just have fun.
:party
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
Old Poll.....

I was just wondering what old polls were around and still open.....

BUMP
 

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Last but not least.................................

Old Poll.....

I was just wondering what old polls were around and still open.....

BUMP
Move the $#%^%$$## polls.....:glol :glol :glol
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top