Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lurk Has anyone else had this problem, when raising or lowering top, when the boot cover goes up, hears a loud pop noise, does not occur when going down...dealer can not get to it for a week so I;, going to check it out and see what it could be...
sound familier to anyone else? :lurk

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I had quite a few probs. with my top, and to get it to go up, I had to press the top down button and then release it just before the tonneau came up and that created the "Pop" sound. Very early Vin # 03 SSR's had top probs. Is yours one of them? I had to have my hinges replaced to solve the problem. Sounds like yours might be something else. Your description sounds like the tonneau cover (the part that covers the box where the top is stored) is sticking on something. Any scratches or nicks on the roof?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Poping

I had that problem and traced it down to the black cable on the drivers side in the compartment that the roof retracts into. :flag

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, I traced problem down to the cable on driver side was catching on plastic trim panel inside the top storage area...The cable kept binding on that panel. I looked at other side and the pass. side is wrapped in a black plastic conduit...not sure why they did not do the same on the driver side. My fix was went to parts store and bought some plastic conduit and wrapped the cables
just like they are on the right side....Hope this helps anyone else that has this same problem... :seeya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts