Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My local dealer told me they just sold their new red 04 recently to a customer with a GM rebate for around 28K. That $7500 dealer money is getting them down there plus the usual markup and I'm told that the $7500 doesn't include the 3% holdback money,,,,,so there is another discount. Also, I'm told you can apply the $1500 GM loyalty money too. I recently posted wanting to buy a used SSR for mid twenties and was chastised a bit about needing to look at "salvage yards" and such.......that no one on this site would be willing to sell for that "ridiculous of a low price"! I understand and appreciate that the owners of SSR's do not want to accept this situation but it is fact based. I was lucky and sold my 03 early and want another. $25k for a low mile used is very realistic. A site member, jericbarg, responded to my request willing to sell his 03 with 2900 miles for $25k. I responded to his emails and called him but got no response back. He posted just after that it was sold. I am still wanting to buy one in the current market but I think they are not at the bottom. I know of a low mile 04 Tbird that just sold for $26k. I think SSR's are following the same TBird pattern. I am located in Texas and please email me at [email protected]. Thank you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
New Ones for $30K ~ Used for $25k NOW

Applying basic rules of thumb, would suggest that if the new market is approaching $30k then a good to excellent used (<7500 miles, > 2 years of warrantee remaing) should be selling for $24-26k. Some of the higher mileage SSr's (03/04) from a year or more ago with minor road rash but still in fair to good shape should be going for $21-24k.

Am wondering if anyone has access to recent (last week) auction pricing that they might share with us? Dealer friends are telling me that there is very limted liquidity in the SSr market new or used and this seems to be confirmed by the low sales levels even in southern CA.

:seeya

·
Registered
590 Posts
REBEL said:
So go buy one! ...
:agree

SOON YOU WILL BE TO OLD TO ENJOY YOUR MID LIFE CRISIS IF YOU KEEP THIS UP !
:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
fireballone_3 said:
My local dealer told me they just sold their new red 04 recently to a customer with a GM rebate for around 28K. That $7500 dealer money is getting them down there plus the usual markup and I'm told that the $7500 doesn't include the 3% holdback money,,,,,so there is another discount. Also, I'm told you can apply the $1500 GM loyalty money too. I recently posted wanting to buy a used SSR for mid twenties and was chastised a bit about needing to look at "salvage yards" and such.......that no one on this site would be willing to sell for that "ridiculous of a low price"! I understand and appreciate that the owners of SSR's do not want to accept this situation but it is fact based. I was lucky and sold my 03 early and want another. $25k for a low mile used is very realistic. A site member, jericbarg, responded to my request willing to sell his 03 with 2900 miles for $25k. I responded to his emails and called him but got no response back. He posted just after that it was sold. I am still wanting to buy one in the current market but I think they are not at the bottom. I know of a low mile 04 Tbird that just sold for $26k. I think SSR's are following the same TBird pattern. I am located in Texas and please email me at [email protected]. Thank you.
I know this lady who is looking at SSRs and she said they found one in Grapevine Tx for 30K I think she said it had a 1000miles on it. Did you do a search through GM and vehix? She didn't mention the name

·
Registered
181 Posts
Priceless.

Nov.29, 2003 I paid $44,145 for my 2003 Reline Red SSR.(Window Sticker Price. A true bargain at that time!) What it's worth now, maybe the mid 20's. The shear enjoyment and pleasure of owning and driving the SSR for over a year------------PRICELESS! It still brings a smile to my face each and every time I get behind the wheel. I actually look forward to having a reason to crank it up and go for a spin. Yeah, I may bitch about some of its', and GM's short comings, but bottom line is that I'd do it all over again knowing what I do now. When your my age and a simple purchase such as an automobile can still bring enjoyment and happiness to your life, then that's PRICELESS!

·
Registered
590 Posts
The Cheapest Ssr

There Is More Thrill In Owning One , Than The Satisfaction Of Believing You Bought The Cheapest One !!!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
priceless

I agree with you 100% :agree :agree :agree plus I'm getting a little tired of hearing about all of the discounts and rebates :yawn

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
RedTn.SSR said:
I actually look forward to having a reason to crank it up and go for a spin. Yeah, I may bitch about some of its', and GM's short comings, but bottom line is that I'd do it all over again knowing what I do now. When your my age and a simple purchase such as an automobile can still bring enjoyment and happiness to your life, then that's PRICELESS!
Hi Red,

DITTO with all your thoughts... there is so much more to worry about than just losing money on a car. I have had so much fun this past year and in meeting so many great people too... what price can one put on that?

41chevcoe said:
There Is More Thrill In Owning One , Than The Satisfaction Of Believing You Bought The Cheapest One !!!!!
AMEN!!
Bill Scott said:
I agree with you 100% :agree :agree :agree plus I'm getting a little tired of hearing about all of the discounts and rebates :yawn
:yawn

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
"what price can one put on that?" uuuhhhhh about $15000! Can't remember anyone or all of them being that much fun. Call me a sore loser, ' cause I am!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Fireballs- why don't you leave this forum !

fireballone_3 said:
Fireballs or small nuts or whatever you call yourself, Stop annoying current SSR owners with this 25K bull****. We purchased our SSrs because we could afford to keep them. Stop telling us our SSRs are worth 50% less than what we paid. Who gives a f&*k. A guy like you should never have bought one if you could not afford to pay the premium price. Stop looking for a bargain and simply go away!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Now Tell Us How You Really Feel!

BlackSSR, Couldn't have said it better myself! Now tell us how you really feel about Fireballs and don't hold back this time!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Helpful Tips!

Being the Moderator on our great forum here I should step in and keep our site from becoming too negative. :nono We all should respect each others opinions, even those that are looking for a "bargin" basement steals/deals.

However, I do have some real positive thoughts to share with some of you bargin basement hunters. I know another site where you should be able to buy a nice retro convert for around $25,000 to $30,000 ... visit the PT Cruiser forum and take a look at some of their awesome great deals over there. ;)

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Marc NY said:
Being the Moderator on our great forum here I should step in and keep our site from becoming too negative. :nono We all should respect each others opinions, even those that are looking for a "bargin" basement steals/deals.

However, I do have some real positive thoughts to share with some of you bargin basement hunters. I know another site where you should be able to buy a nice retro convert for around $25,000 to $30,000 ... visit the PT Cruiser forum and take a look at some of their awesome great deals over there. ;)

Well said, Marc.
Not to rub in our weather VS yours at the moment, but I just came in from polishing mine and it's beautiful! I don't think it even cared if it was worth 30K or 50K, it just has the greatest smile of appreciation.......
Don

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
Hey, BlackSSR

Thanks for expressing what I've been wanting to say for a while. I'm getting a little tired of the gloom and doom too, especially from someone trying to rub our noses in it. Seems like he's more interested in beating down the price on a commodity than being a true SSR Fanatic.

Fireball bought early and sold while prices were still hot - good for him - I was in touch with him but didn't like his price or the fact his was a stripped 1SA. Maybe he kept most of his money, but he got to watch the rest of us drive by with big grins all summer. I'm OK to have given up $10K or so to have enjoyed the best summer ever. My wife and I cruised 15000+ miles this year, and it was a blast.

I could have bought high tech stocks and lost that much, but it sure wouldn't have been as good a ride.

Ray

·
Registered
7 Posts
Work hard Play Hard!

I work hard and play hard. SSR is one of my toys that I plan to keep for a long time. I live in south Florida where the top is never up. I could care less about depreciation, I love the way the car makes me feel just driving to work every day.(I work six days a week- I own "High End" retail Computer Store)
I ordered a 05 Convertible Corvette for my sunday drive and agreed to pay sticker for that also. So in the future all fellow SSr fanatics: please ignore these idiots telling us what they can buy this or that for.
If you buy it, tell us how much you love it, don't ruin the experience by talking money or annoy us with your pipe dreams of saving money. If you can not afford lobster, work harder or eat tuna!

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
:thumbs

1 - 20 of 33 Posts