Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have accidentally found a clue as to why SOME of the SSR owners are complaning about AC performance, while others say it is fine.

Whil I had my big performance upgrade project done at MTI this week, Reese Cox reported to me that when they had to unseal the factory AC system, his guys found that I had a charge of only 15 ounces of R134A in my system rather than the correct 20 ounces.

I asked if that meant I had a leak, and Reese said he didn't think so. He thought it was leakless and had been charged that way at the factory.

I noticed after they finished my upgrade project, and I headed out for Detroit for the SSR Homecoming, my AC performance ws notably better than before!

Start getting your systems checked, guys, if your AC performance seems weak. Have your local Chevy dealer do it under warranty.

Jim G

V

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the info. Printed it and dropped the car off at the dealership. Will post the results.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I took "Sexy Susie " to get the oil changed today, I also had a slow leak on the rear drivers tire, where they found a nail and will patch it, so I should watch that after to make sure it is fixed. And I also told them about the A/C running warm and cold at stop lights, They replaced the fan assy. Should be picking it up later this afternoon.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Wanna hear something funny????

First (this isn't the funny part) they squawked the a/c high pressure side rising to over 420 PSI and then the compressor would shut off. Found the cooling fan inop. Test fan circuits on the relay#1 and #2, has power and ground at fan but motor is open. Replaced fan assy. and restest ok!!!

Now the funny part!!! Nail in tire. This is what the actuall write up says on the paper work

Customer states slow leak in D/S rear. :lol:lol:lol Now thats funny!!!!! :lol:lol:)

and when I went to pick up "susie" I asked Jr. (my new service rep) if he saved the nail ( I always want to see them) that I needed it for my collection, he went and dug it out of the trash can...... :lol:lol you know it is like when your child gets their first hair cut, you save a lock for the baby book :lol :lol

V

·
0 Posts
Took in the car with a print out from the forum. It seemd to have solved 90% of the problem. Will take for a good ride today and report back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts