Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Kicking around some paint scheme options.
I know our trucks always turn heads, but I am thinking of adding a little more eye catching bling.
What do you think?
Keep it Silver? Make it Blue?

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
@ Tundrawalker, Some would say, it's your canvas, others I'm sure love the colour their R was born with. Listening to some of the Fanatics, it's apparent to me that color preference is a big deal, and I concur.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Tundrawalker - - You might consider painting the top half in BLACK. Then contact Auto Trim Design in Neenah, Wisconsin for a metalic silver trim to separate the
two (2) colors. They have a trim designed especially for the SSR's. This would match with your front grill. Then to carry it a step further, paint the inside plastic door panels in a silver or blue at your discretion. What do you think? . . .or, you could just go ahead and contact Auto Trim Design (920 832 0094 ask for Jordan) for a silver trim and leave it at that. Give it some thought and advise if I may be of any help. WSK

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,375 Posts
Everyone has their own ideas but before you get your heart set on a complete color change check out the many thousands it will cost with a high end paint shop. I have read that a complete color change on a SSR is very difficult and very expensive because in order for it to look right you have to paint the inside of the doors, the rear area, the firewall, the top inside and out and many other crooks and crannies. My suggestion would be leave it silver if that is what it is and use RED to make things jump out and make it pop. Things like pin stripes, brake caliper covers, maybe flames, rear side of the wheels etc. Just some ideas. Have a good time with it no matter what.

Reactions: WyoSilver

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I know our trucks always turn heads, but I am thinking of adding a little more eye catching bling.
What do you think?
Bling IMO is the cheap stuff you buy on ebay Painting is expensive. I always thought Bentley GT Neptune Blue would look great on the SSR, very similar to the color you pictured

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,017 Posts
What do you think?

This is what I have been envisioning for my silver SSR ... keeps the cost down by NOT having to paint the interior bits.
Cheers,

Attachments

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Yes, much much cheaper to leave the hood, top, interior, and deck silver the add your color choice below.

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
Looks like "The Rampage" (your pictures)
Lots of personal opinions on this subject
I think it was Bruce that mentioned once you change colours it is more difficult if you change the top colour
You have a lot of things to consider, interior, including door jams, transition in the engine bay

In person, the Ricochet paint has a lot more depth than shows in most pictures, but I think the depth is lost when paired with another unrelated colour

I know this maybe isn't the "splash" you are looking for but I really like this combination - it was good enough to go to SEMA.
These pictures aren't the greatest but you get the idea.
I think it works well because the colours are both in the silver/grey family

SEMA.jpg SEMA 2.JPG

Once again, opinions!

If I had a Slingshot I would cover it up like this! HaHa!
Point is, silver on top of this could work as well

SSR #185 - 7.jpg

·
BLU SSR
3,532 Posts
CASH , WHAT SUPER SECRET CANADIAN METHOD ARE YOU USING TO POST YOUR THUMBNAILS? YOURS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT WORK USING THE FULL VERSION - ALL OTHERS CAN ONLY BE VIEWED BY SWITCHING TO THE CLASSIC VERSION. JUST FOR INFO. TO ANYONE TRYING TO EXPLAIN THIS , IT IS ON BOTH MY COMPUTERS , HOME AND WORK AND ALL COOKIES ARE CLEARED EACH TIME I SIGN OFF ON BOTH. I KNEW CASH WAS "CONNECTED" IN THE SSR WORLD -- BUT WOW! :wink2: :grin2: :blur: :ssr

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
CASH , WHAT SUPER SECRET CANADIAN METHOD ARE YOU USING TO POST YOUR THUMBNAILS? YOURS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT WORK USING THE FULL VERSION - ALL OTHERS CAN ONLY BE VIEWED BY SWITCHING TO THE CLASSIC VERSION. JUST FOR INFO. TO ANYONE TRYING TO EXPLAIN THIS , IT IS ON BOTH MY COMPUTERS , HOME AND WORK AND ALL COOKIES ARE CLEARED EACH TIME I SIGN OFF ON BOTH. I KNEW CASH WAS "CONNECTED" IN THE SSR WORLD -- BUT WOW! :wink2: :grin2: :blur: :ssr
All the attachments/ thumbnails are working in Microsoft Edge but I do have some issues still with Internet Explorer 11 on my other computer.

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
I am definitely no picture posting guru - just ask xoxoxobruce - HaHa!

It depends on who you received from or where you found the pictures.
I just received some of a wrecked SSR that are smaller when you look at them and you would see them on the current last page of the Deceased Thread..
I also just got some monster stuff sent to me of another wreck - I'm not ready to post them yet but trying to get them to fit is often a case for Super Bruce! HaHa!

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,303 Posts
This is what I have been envisioning for my silver SSR ... keeps the cost down by NOT having to paint the interior bits.
Cheers,
personally, I like those ghost palm trees :lol and the Vette, of course

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,609 Posts
No problem in Full version for me on my MacBook Pro---Except one member's thumbnail's won't open but can't remember who. And "Likes" work like they use to!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Thought About two tone scheme,..but

Hello Fanatics: Lots of good feedback with regard to color change! I have thought several times about changing to a two tone color scheme, but in the end, or should I say after I have been to a car show and saw a beautiful color on a car or truck that I thought would compliment our yellow baby, I always come to my senses and stay with what I have;mainly because it is unique onto itself and stays within a upgraded stock look sorta, I know we all say we will keep our trucks to the end, but one day they will be for sale by someone in the family and some of these paint jobs I seen really don't do any favors for resale, and some flat out make them sale proof,IMO, to some they don't care, but I always look at resale down the road. I guess it's 38 years in the car business that drives that thought process! Just my two cents, love the creativity though! :) "PERMAGRINS" Always hey! :grin2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts