Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the proceedure to post pictures on this site. are they hosted here or some other site thanks for the info motordoctor

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
It's a little complex and time consuming to post photos on this website, with the biggest time factor being the need to first reduce the photos to a file size that the site will accept. That is a pain, and the reason that members try to avoid posting photos directly.

A pity, as we all learn so much from this site, and a picture is often indeed "worth a thousand words".

To do it, you use the "Manage attachments" button, which is in the section of the posting screen BELOW the textbox into which you type your text.

Once you press it, you get a dialog box that allows you to browse to your photos on your computer and select them ONE at a time, repeating the process for a maximum of 5 photos per posting. If you want to post more than 5, just post a "reply" right after your initial posting.

The pain is that you will do all the above, and then get a message back that your photos file sizes were too large. Then, you have to go to your original photos using whatever software you normally use to edit photos, open and resize them each individually, and then repeat the entire upload process. Often, you find that one or more is STILL too large, so you either repeat the whole darn process again or, if like many with good intentions but limited patience, you just forget the whole thing. :)

Jim G

·
Registered
590 Posts
It is interesting that the overall "dimension"of the picture size such as the one on Kingbee's signature(doesn't fit without scrolling across) and the "file" size is small enough to post.

Not picking on you Kingbee :)

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
41chevcoe: I think it depends on the size versus resolution of the e-photo used!

Most of my photos are from a hi-res digital camera, so they ALL have to be reduced a LOT!

Jim G

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Also, you can post with images from the Gallery

First I came to in the gallery
First the thumbnail:

Then the reduced image:

I'll omit the full image from this post.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
what format for adding photos?

I tried to attach a properly sixed jpeg, to no avail........ Working in PhotoShop, what is the image file needed to make this work??

Many thanks........

Sue

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
tickledpink said:
I tried to attach a properly sixed jpeg, to no avail........ Working in PhotoShop, what is the image file needed to make this work??

Many thanks........

Sue
A jpeg file should work......what error did you get? The posting of a file that is too large is kind of confusing...It will look like you successfully loaded the image if you don't see the small error message. I haven't posted a picture in a while, but I'm trying to get you a quick answer.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
tickledpink: Send me that jpeg file. I will trybto post it for you. I will also open it beforehand in a program that opens jpeg format files to ensure that it is not somehow corrupted.

Jim G

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Posting Pictures

When you go to manage attachments you can see what Filetypes you can use.

BTW: Using a host website will allow you to add full size images into your reply area.

Using Attachment Option:

File type, Max Filesize, Max Width & Max Height

bmp 200.2 KB 1500 1500 (in Pixels)
doc 200.2 KB - -
gif 200.2 KB 1500 1500
jpe 200.2 KB 1500 1500
jpeg 200.2 KB 1500 1500
jpg 976.6 KB 2500 2500
pdf 200.2 KB - -
png 200.2 KB 1500 1500
psd 200.2 KB - -
txt 200.2 KB - -