Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK not exactly understanding how this post thing is supposed to work. Keep seeing where you have to have so many post to be able to do this or that. Don't understand the purpose or need, can someone explain in detail so I have a clearer understanding. Thanks

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,614 Posts
Don, You are not exactly New, but-----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out. Or if you have something to sell we'll know if it is close enough to pick up or needs shipping

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", "New Member section" and introduce Yourself!

Nick

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Just 15 posts to be able to send PMs to other members. I'm not aware of any other functions limited by the number of posts. :confused

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
Just 15 posts to be able to send PMs to other members. I'm not aware of any other functions limited by the number of posts. :confused
That is all I am aware of as well!

Reactions: voodoophantom

·
Super Moderator
14,054 Posts
That is all I am aware of as well!
You should not be restricted
You have more versatility and less mud to wade through if you are a supporting member

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,557 Posts
You should not be restricted
I think you have more versatility if you are a supporting member
That is true and those items can be seen in the table of paid subscriptions shown in User CP

Reactions: sillypuddy

·
Super Moderator
14,054 Posts
Please Nick,
I beg of thee to change
Fourms to Forums...
This minor twitch has been
strikingly uncomfortable to me
FOR THE LAST FIFTEEN DAYS...

As for anything else, carry on.
Reminds me of the very cute girl that starred in the original "Shooter" movie
I was so disappointed - saw her being interviewed - she had Four Um's in every sentence that left her mouth!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,557 Posts
Just proves it was an unscripted interview.

·
Super Moderator
14,054 Posts
Just proves it was an unscripted interview.
Um, I guess so, but, Um, I think she has a speech issue, Um, unscripted or not
She sure is cute though!

**Edit - I tried to find the interview - no luck - but I did find interview with Craig Ferguson, where she was delightful
This led me into a few Ferguson youtube interviews - the lovely Kate Beckinsale - then Alice Eve - yikes!

I have led this thread astray!

·
Super Moderator
14,054 Posts
If saying 'Um' in a conversation after a question is a speech issue, then 90% of the people in my generation have that speech issue.
Well, that is too bad, so sad
Once in a sentence might be forgivable - 3 or 4 times is an impediment

Honestly, when I was speaking to people I had the "um" problem, as I used this as the pause as I was trying to put the rest of what I wanted to say together.
It took me a while to beat the problem. I hope the 90% of the people you know can do the same

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Um is a place holder, it informs the listener you're not finished speaking but mentally preparing the continuation of what you have to say. Without the um, the listener is free to assume you've finished speaking and start his/her discourse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts