Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed power steering fluid and Chev garage had no GM# 19329450 power Steering fluid for SSR. Is there a generic brand that is just as good as if have garage order they have to purchase a case.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I use Amsoil. Join the Club for 6 months @ $10 and get a 25% discount.
Buy all you need by the case, free shipping on $100.
Take advantage of the Offers via email.
Just remember to do Chevrolet Trucks in Vehicle.
Longer lasting, better quality in my opinion.
I am not affiliated with Amsoil in any way.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,765 Posts
Asking about preferences for oils is about like asking about politics. Everyone has their own opinions and they can vary greatly. Your title listed Power Brake fluid but the context was asking about power steering fluid. For power steering I have been using Valvoline and have had good results from it. I have ran it in my diesel trucks as well where it is running the fluid through the hydro boost system as well. I like to stick with the larger manufacturers who I think have more money to spend on research than some of the smaller companies that may not have the labs to do the research the big companies do.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,899 Posts
Needed power steering fluid and Chev garage had no GM# 19329450 power Steering fluid for SSR. Is there a generic brand that is just as good as if have garage order they have to purchase a case.
Your title says "Power Brake Fluid"! Which one do you need?

Nick

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,094 Posts
Brake Fluid you can use DOT 3 or DOT 4, any name brand, they are compatible.
Power steering fluid is all the same, use any name brand.
your SSR is out of Warranty, no need top use GM or AC Delco anymore.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,146 Posts
Agree with others which have previously posted. Stick with name brand. Don’t use old fluid, unless sealed really well. Even then, I’d by new.

I’ve used Prestone DOT 3 on both SSR and on wife’s Acura. Bought a new bottle both times.

- Robert
:silver:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts