Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AMENDED!!!

This topic keeps popping up now and then and it seems another trend is on the way. Here is what I have found out that might help someone. In addition to the many many articles a few of us on here have written to repair the out of stock OEM units, there are aftermarket parts and even new complete assemblies that will work with a simple modification.

Complete assemblies -
Driver door Dorman 931-256 (1995 Chevy Blazer)
Passenger door Dorman 931-257 (1995 Chevy Blazer)

You will need to take the plastic rod links off your old unit and transfer them to the new one. When you do that you will note that one of the holes is too small, just use a drill or file to enlarge it.

The GM 15066132 or Dorman 931-260 for driver and GM 15066131 or Dorman 931-261 passenger might be a solution, will update.

If you are having issues with a weak door lock and unlock issue, you can replace just the motor. You can buy a generic GM one, cut it off the new one and replace the bad one. Will need to plastic weld or seal it well after cutting the case.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
These are still available as OEM for $93 on eBay if you Google the part number. Coming from Michigan.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
These are still available as OEM for $93 on eBay if you Google the part number. Coming from Michigan.
The SSR OEM is 15115931 and 15115932, I could not find them any anywhere. Maybe you are talking just the replacement actuator that can be removed and not the entire locking assembly? The compete Dormans mentioned above at $50 would do the trick if you can spend 1 minute slightly enlarging one hole.

If you can find the OEMs at that price a link would be nice as I cannot find any.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
It is the door lock kit? Not sure what that means but I Googled GM part 15066132 and it came up with various suppliers and price ranges. Could these be interchangeable?

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It is the door lock kit? Not sure what that means but I Googled GM part 15066132 and it came up with various suppliers and price ranges. Could these be interchangeable?
Oh, you are talking about the OEM S-10, yes, there are quite a few of the OEM out there as well for a little more cost than the Dorman. Sorry I misunderstood...... old age......

The S-10 replacement OEM number is 15066132 for left and 15066131 right. As mentioned in above post, still researching if the S10s are going to work properly.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think the motor in mine may be bad as the RH actuator will only UNLOCK but not LOCK? I have checked the voltage and it is the same when hitting the button for either function, but there is absolutely no movement for LOCK.

What si the best way to solve for the long term, as i hate tearing door panel off. LoL

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,638 Posts
I have rebuilt Door Latch/Lock Modules in stock. Driver and Passenger.

I ask $50.00 exchange, includes Parts, labor, Mailing, send your old one, I send rebuilt one.

I take PayPal.

I have Doorman Door Latch/Lock Modules in stock, have to modified to work on SSR. $175.00

How to Library: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

1. Dorman and OEM are not the same!
2. Water in detent switch
3. Water ruined motor. I buy motors and reverse polarity to work in our SSR Module
4. Water in lock unlock contact.
5. Rebuilt Door Module

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts