Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a few threads regarding power top problems.

I have a 95' 3000GT VR-4 Spyder with an ASC folding hardtop. Soon after delivery, my car and ALL Spyders were recalled to the each local Mitsu dealer for a one-day upgrade of motors and some sensors. It cost Mitsu and ASC a fortune!

Results: 9 years later and the power top has functioned PERFECTLY. I have 41,000 miles and my brother has 75,000 miles.

Morale: We all have spent quite alot of $'s for a special-feature car, so stay tight with Chevrolet and ASC and get things ironed out early on. They are great companies and can come through. It is worth being persistent.

:flag Have a great summer ! Bob @ WINDBAFFLE

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
So far my dealer is getting everything done that I have asked them to. They still look at me funny when I mention things that I have learned from this site. But so far they haven't laughed at me.LOL! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
dealers

wildcat66 said:
So far my dealer is getting everything done that I have asked them to. They still look at me funny when I mention things that I have learned from this site. But so far they haven't laughed at me.LOL! :rolleyes:
My service guy is still talking about "that lady in Dallas"

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
My reputation precedes me, I see. Of course the dealer couldn't get the "cycle time out " error. So Frank the service guy said they searched the Gm site for any service bulletins and nothing so far. He said wait til it breaks. and hope it is a sunny dayLOL! But I have a brand new drive shaft and no tinking or pinging sounds as I shift. Yipheeeee!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Wildcat

Those noises, You said they happened as you shifted. Did you mean when you moved the shift lever or, when the tranny automatically shifted from gear to gear?

The only time I notice a tink, is after I put it in park and, let my foot off the brake. Then only when parked on a grade and, if I leave the parking brake off.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
It first happened when putting it in reverse only, but on several occasions it was while driving that we would notice it when it shiffted. I can't confirm that they replaced it with the new 05 model. Only time will tell, but no noises on the way home. I guess I need more drive time. Darn :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts