Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,505 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
29,505 Posts
No, I think you are in good shape

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,633 Posts
Thank you so much. As you can see I am new at this. Should I use WTS to start?
Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Nick & Kathy

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,570 Posts
Hi, Is the hitch still for sale? Do you have the hitch Ball? I am guessing the shipping cost to my location (Kirkland, WA.) is about $75 --- do you agree? Please let me know asap and if it is easier my direct e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks
The hitch will fit into a USPS Large Flat Rate box. Be sure it is well nested into heavy paper or foam padding and use packing tape to reinforce the entire box. Cost of shipping this way is less than $25.

My 2 cents,

Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts
The hitch will fit into a USPS Large Flat Rate box. Be sure it is well nested into heavy paper or foam padding and use packing tape to reinforce the entire box. Cost of shipping this way is less than $25.

My 2 cents,

Mike
View attachment 583795 View attachment 583796 View attachment 583797 View attachment 583798 View attachment 583799 View attachment 583800

I can attest to that. A few months ago I purchased a "New" hitch from a member who has sold his truck and was clearing out his garage. He put it in a USPS Large Flat Rate Box with a strip of giant bubble wrap (The kind that looks like a string of Baggies filled with air) and sent it on its journey from New York to Florida. Two weeks later he checked in to ask how I liked it. Well... It hadn't arrived. The Tracking number showed it was traveling in the system and on its way to the destination. Two weeks later he checked in, and it still hadn't arrived. I jokingly suggested that perhaps it had broken out of its box and jammed up a sorting machine somewhere in the Postal Service System. At 45 days after the package had been shipped I visited my local post office... They couldn't help. Then the seller went to his post office and they said the hitch was being "repackaged" and would arrive soon. About a week later a beat up box arrived on my doorstep. The original shipping label and postage markings had been cut from the old box and taped to the new box, along with a series of "Sorry we broke your item" labels. Inside was a banged up hitch. The locking mechanism was broken, the keys were missing, and a completely deflated strip of "Giant Baggies full of air" was dangling from a piece of tape. The sellers response... "I put it in a box with some bubble wrap. It's a big hunk of metal. What could go wrong?"

It's a big hunk of metal that is heavier on one end than the other and doesn't want to balance in the middle. It's rattling around on the inside of a box that is being slammed and pushed through the sorting machines at a high rate of speed, and is fighting to get the hell out on every step along the way.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
29,505 Posts
Is it sold

Is it sold
Seller has not been seen on this site since Sept 2020, I am closing the thread. You might send a Conversation and see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.