Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a dealer today and looked at a Black SSR. All there cars had Red Tags on them but no and I mean no prices on them. Most were torn in half. What really got me was not the absence of prices on the red tags but a sticker I had never seen before. I think it was called Preffered Care. Every car I looked at had this sticker on it and it was next to the MSRP Sticker and it had a price on it. The price on each one of these Preffered Care Stickers was $995.00 no matter how much or how little the car cost. So all that did was add an extra grand to the MSRP for the dealer. All the salesman could tell me was that it helped cover extra warranty problems that might arise in the future.

Another great Chicago Chevrolet dealer. :nono :nono :nono

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I guess that's just the undercoating/sound proofing/scotch gaurding/paint sealant of the 2000's

The first car I ever bought (1988) had that option. I said I didn't want it. They said ok. When I went to pick up the car I was sitting around for an hour waiting for them to bring the vehicle up. The salesman went to the back and returned saying that they were applying that package. I said I didn't want it. He left and returned saying that instead of the $1200 they normally charge for the package they would just charge me their cost of $400. I said I didn't want it. He left and returned saying that I didn't have to pay anything.

I think it comes down to some dealers play games some don't. Did I ever buy another vehicle from them again? Yes...they were the closest dealer, but I always keep in the back of my mind that this is one of those dealers that plays games and if I want to buy there, I have to play the game. :)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW_FCTR said:
I guess that's just the undercoating/sound proofing/scotch gaurding/paint sealant of the 2000's

The first car I ever bought (1988) had that option. I said I didn't want it. They said ok. When I went to pick up the car I was sitting around for an hour waiting for them to bring the vehicle up. The salesman went to the back and returned saying that they were applying that package. I said I didn't want it. He left and returned saying that instead of the $1200 they normally charge for the package they would just charge me their cost of $400. I said I didn't want it. He left and returned saying that I didn't have to pay anything.

I think it comes down to some dealers play games some don't. Did I ever buy another vehicle from them again? Yes...they were the closest dealer, but I always keep in the back of my mind that this is one of those dealers that plays games and if I want to buy there, I have to play the game. :)
I know what you mean. I could not believe that they had that $995 price applied to everyone of their vehicles. That would be the first thing to go in the negotiations.

·
Registered
178 Posts
SS My R said:
I know what you mean. I could not believe that they had that $995 price applied to everyone of their vehicles. That would be the first thing to go in the negotiations.
Now THAT is definately a rip off for sure. The things that is angering me is that they ripped the bottoms off the red tags. Chevrolet sent all the participating dealers red tags with corresponding Vin #'s and prices on each red tag. If it ain't got those 2 things it ain't right.

Sorry for the troubles

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer I went into that had two SSR's played the game where one salesman passed it to one who thought he knew a little more until I showed him he didn't. When asked about the Red Tag Price he had to go to his manager to find out what the price was because it had no REd Tag on it or it had a half one with no price. It took them about twenty to thirty minutes to get me the price once they saw I knew what I was talking about. They had one Red SSR in the showroom with no Red Tag Price and a Black one outside with no Red Tag Price: and it was filthy as hell. Also a few scratches that could be rubbed out. I just could not believe how dirty they had let the SSR get. No there was no VIN# on them. The price they gave me in the end seemed to be the same or close to what I remember online. 41K. I told them I know I can do better and that there was no rush. They were trying to ask me questions about my black HHR but I could not be side tracked. I told them time and the winter are on my side. Maybe when we get more snow here they might do better but I know I don't want it from them anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts