Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2005 from a dealership in Seattle and had it shipped to Oklahoma in April 2017. It was Slingshot Yellow with pinkish ghost flames, automatic. As I bought from dealer I had no previous history but was hoping it could have been a Fanatic who someone might know and would be willing to reach out and see if they would talk to me about the car.

Any other ideas appreciated.

Bert

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,165 Posts
Best of luck to you. I got mine from a dealer as well and my wife did all the title work on it and she did not think to copy the title that had the previous owners info on it before she got it registered. I really wish she would have because I would like to know what all was done before I got it. Some stuff is obvious but things like the ignition switch you can't see with out taking it apart

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
Please post the last 5 digits of your serial number. That would be essential for Cash (Dale) to be able to track down the specific truck.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
I bought a 2005 from a dealership in Seattle and had it shipped to Oklahoma in April 2017. It was Slingshot Yellow with pinkish ghost flames, automatic. As I bought from dealer I had no previous history but was hoping it could have been a Fanatic who someone might know and would be willing to reach out and see if they would talk to me about the car.

Any other ideas appreciated.

Bert
Bert, Since you've had your SSR a little over a year now, have you had any problems that concern you ??? As Flaash said list the last 5 numbers of your vin # and maybe Cash has some info on your Slingshot Yellow that would be beneficial to you.

We may be a year late but CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a member of the SSR Family. Please enjoy your "little yellow truck" tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Important info

Having recently sold my R to N.F.H. in Houston I told them I would be happy to answer any questions the new owner may have on the R. Wish the owner who had the R prior to my owning it would have been available for me to contact.

"Long may you run"

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Bert.Please give me a call, Cell 405-833-1387. Would like to meet you. I'm in MWC area Would like to add you to our OKC list. Lloyd AKA TrikeRider on the Forum

·
Super Moderator
13,980 Posts
Sorry, not of much help
heritage03 has :yellow: #16704 but I have no previous ownership, which most times indicates it was not owned by a Fanatic member
CarFax does nothing regarding ownership but it does tell the history of where it has been.

Until 4/2017 it was in WA - four previous owners
I see it was serviced once in Port Orchard - so it is possible a WA member could know of it or the owner from car shows.

heritage03 bought it 5/2017 and moved it to OKC OK.
Prior to that, I have it recorded for sale with Titus Will Chevrolet in Olympia WA - 11200 miles in 7/2014 for $27000

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh well, thanks Cash for the help. Seems to be a straight R. I did have to do a repaint to get rid of the pink ghost flames though. Installing headers, dual exhaust and 4:10 rear end next week.

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,792 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,980 Posts
In spite of being a "tedious task" . . .

Have you considered searching all of the Build Sheet Requests to see if one was requested for your R?

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/build-sheet-requests-20471/

Good Luck.

You don't have to do that - just type the VIN in the Search window - upper right - then click the box beside that
Click on the link showing the request - that will bring you to the page the Build Sheet is on, just have to scroll down til you find it.
heritage03 ran a Build Sheet in 2017

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Sorry, not of much help
heritage03 has :yellow: #16704 but I have no previous ownership, which most times indicates it was not owned by a Fanatic member
CarFax does nothing regarding ownership but it does tell the history of where it has been.

Until 4/2017 it was in WA - four previous owners
I see it was serviced once in Port Orchard - so it is possible a WA member could know of it or the owner from car shows.

heritage03 bought it 5/2017 and moved it to OKC OK.
Prior to that, I have it recorded for sale with Titus Will Chevrolet in Olympia WA - 11200 miles in 7/2014 for $27000
I used to travel a lot to Port Orchard area for work. They had a car show every month (maybe more) at the A&W in Port Orchard. A member in that area must have attended as it was a really good mix of cars and drew a fair crowd. I think the A&W closed so you can't call them, but I bet they moved to a new location. A lot of nice classics and hot rods in that area. Maybe the pin map would help find a contact. I haven't looked at it in awhile so don't know how up to date it is. Good luck with your search.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts