Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MY05SSR
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 05 SSR back in Nov last year. I have had questions aboutmy6.0 engine since I bought it from Kevin Whitager Chevrolet in SC. I have asked salesperson I dealt with but he never got back with me. It has a very high lift cam installed. The only way I can keep it idling is run it rich, then it has no horsepower until you ref it up. My GM certified mechanic says to have it dyno tuned (which cost around $800) or tear it apart to find what all was done. If I continue running it as is I take a chance of melting tops of pistons according to my mechanic.
2005 Aqua Blur.6.0 with six speed vin# 1GCES14H85B118962
Build sheet was requested by "hdflstf' back in Oct.10, 2007

John

·
Spirited driver!
1,544 Posts
I know that @hdflstf has been around here for a long time and is on here pretty regular. I'm sure that he will see this message now but I don't think that is the guy you meant. It looks like it was halmc who has not been here since 2007.

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
An early owner of this SSR was SSRFanatic "halmc" - last post was 10.10.2007
I don't know who owned it since - last info I have is the same as you - Kevin Whitaker

You can go to Tools - Advanced Search, halmc, click posts, search now
Click on one of the threads with limited posts (I think there is one with about 4, find his post, click on his Avatar, click posts, and all of his 87 posts will come up
Gawd, that sounds simple doesn't it! I get so used to doing it!

The work very likely was done later in its' life.

Hdflstf may know the history of it, as he had inquired.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
11 years ago, hmmm. I suspect I was just helping someone get build sheet info. I know nothing of this particular SSR.
There are some good tuning guys out your way that could get your SSR running properly. Just need some of the locals to weigh in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts