Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As moderators, Marc NY and I have received comments from members about how a lot of recent postings have been describing how low prices are now, and a few have felt that this brings up "buyers remorse" months, or sometime years, after their purchase. Although we ALL want to share how great of a steal or deal they we just got, please do so in the SSR for Sale section. For those who are interested in these postings can go there to view them.

For most of us, we want to share in the great joys of ownership and the great friendships we have developed on here... not really interested if you happened to get a great buy by hundreds or thousands of dollars than "we" did.

Please lets enjoy the positive experiences and not dwell on "LOOK AT THE GREAT DEAL I JUST GOT!"

If we find a posting elsewhere dealing with prices of an SSR buying or selling it will be respectfully moved into the SSR for Sale thread.

Comments anyone?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes, thank you, I have a comment. Buyers remorse, How could I, I paid $5,000 over sticker to get my baby! And I have gotten about $65,ooo worth of entertainment here! Value is "perception".
Ken
ps How could anybody put a price on getting to know Miss Daisy!

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ken and Jeff,

I couldn't agree more. I too have received $100K in "Fun Factor" since I've owned mine. No regrets here!

But I have seen some posting that feel they were "suckers" for buying early when the demand was high, but believe me, I truly feel this stems from pure JEALOUSY from friends and co-workers. Everytime someone comes up and asks you about the "cool truck", that proves the demand is there. Bet that doesn't happen to a Lexus owner!

Drive safe
Drive with a smile (That'll show 'em!)
Drive a LOT!

Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
178 Posts
value is all in the mind

every time i go somewhere in my ssr, heads turn and i constantly get compliments and inquiries about the vehicle. i have never had so many women flirt with or initiate conversation with me in my whole life. as far as i am concerned, it gets even more attention than a new corvette. it is worth every penny i paid and i could care less what any detractors might say about it. i bought it because i don't want to drive the same old cookie cutter cracker boxes that everyone else has. vive le differance! :thumbs :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
When I log on, I go to active topics first to see what the latest dicussions are, it would be great if the we didn't have all the price theads come up on the active topics and have them only appear in the SSR s for sale , let the sellers and buyers duke it out there without disrupting the rest of the topics we all enjoy.

Anytime price is mentioned , move it to the SSRs for sale discussion

·
Administrator
8,203 Posts
Sharing in on all the joys of ownership...

41chevcoe said:
When I log on, I go to active topics first to see what the latest dicussions are,.... Anytime price is mentioned , move it to the SSRs for sale discussion
:agree That is why Buffy and I decided to make it known to everyone especially the newbies that we all love to share in their purchases and to hear their great stories and all but please share your purchase prices/ selling prices with those that are discussing it in the For Sale thread only! :thumbs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Price

I could care less if I paid to much, that silver SSR (Thanks, Marc I owe ya one) I picked up last week beats all of my previous cars(camaros,corvettes)trucks(silverado). Keep the prices in the for sale section :agree

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
electra, just wait!

Your fun is just beginning! Wait until you drive it through a summer. You will love it even more!

·
Registered
14 Posts
price

Thanks Buffy! I had quit a ride when I picked it up in St. Cloud Minnesota to
Fargo ND, blizzard conditions all the way ! Had to use the traction control otherwise I would have been in the ditch. I was used to driving my Silverado SS(my trade-in)AWD, 200 miles of ice. We are tough up here in North Dakota, ya you are right Buffy summer should be :cool

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Great idea, Buffy

I agree with you 100%. I paid over sticker for mine and don't regret a penny of it. I've had mine for 15 months of pure driving joy and I still get a kick every time I get in and go for a ride. I would have loved to have paid $10,000 less but I would not take $20,000 for the fun and attention I've had over the last 15 months. I really feel sorry for the guy's sitting on the fence and missing the enjoyment of owning and driving an SSR. Enought said. "KEEP IT POSITIVE AND FUN!"

·
Registered
347 Posts
Buffy said:
As moderators, Marc NY and I have received comments from members about how a lot of recent postings have been describing how low prices are now, and a few have felt that this brings up "buyers remorse" months, or sometime years, after their purchase. Although we ALL want to share how great of a steal or deal they we just got, please do so in the SSR for Sale section. For those who are interested in these postings can go there to view them.

For most of us, we want to share in the great joys of ownership and the great friendships we have developed on here... not really interested if you happened to get a great buy by hundreds or thousands of dollars than "we" did.

Please lets enjoy the positive experiences and not dwell on "LOOK AT THE GREAT DEAL I JUST GOT!"

If we find a posting elsewhere dealing with prices of an SSR buying or selling it will be respectfully moved into the SSR for Sale thread
Comments anyone?

When John mentioned "buyers remorse" It reminded me when I had it. This is the window sticker out of my SLR Mclaren. There were only nine of them when I bought mine so I paid $100,000 over sticker and $43,000 in tax. So how do you get over buyers remorse you get in it and nail it!!!!!

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
houtex

gmpartsguy here my chevy club is having our meeting this month at traders village swap meet tonight around 7. come on out if you can. we have 2 SSRs in the club 1 03 redline red and my smokin asphalt 04. :seeya

·
Registered
73 Posts
Prices

I have to apologize for posting earlier on the general topic -I did end up digressing into the price. Marc moved it. I can say that without this forum and pricing discussions I probably never even would have purchased - Frank discussion about supply/demand and pricing can gave me the confidence to know where I needed to be on the sale. I know there's some good dealers /salespeople out there - but a lot of Dealers were totally sleezy when I was tryin to buy local this week. You would not believe the stories.

THANKS! Great forum!
Steve

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
my lips are zipped

I've been waiting 2yrs for my ssR. I had too. I needed to pay off the family van and wait for one of my friends to find a deal I could afford. 2yrs! TWO YEARS!
but worth the wait. :flag

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
gmpartsguy said:
gmpartsguy here my chevy club is having our meeting this month at traders village swap meet tonight around 7. come on out if you can. we have 2 SSRs in the club 1 03 redline red and my smokin asphalt 04. :seeya
Didn't get home until after 6:00 PM tonight. Didn't check mail until 8:00 PM Spent the morning in a golf tournament and the whole afternoon with my bride tooling all over the place with the top down. Wound up driving through Brazos Bend State Park. Beautiful day. Sorry to miss it. Give me some advance notice and I'll try my best to make the next one.

·
Administrator
8,203 Posts
Welcome

mikepowell said:
I've been waiting 2yrs for my ssR. I had too. I needed to pay off the family van and wait for one of my friends to find a deal I could afford. 2yrs! TWO YEARS!
but worth the wait. :flag

To the SSR Owners Club! We hope that you will be able to share many great new stories with your SSR this coming summer...

BTW: by the looks of the snow you have there you must have the same weather we are having here in WNY. Opps I think the snow we are having right now might be a little worse!

PS from this to this... cruel mother nature! :cry :nopity :eek

Attachments

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
41 Participants
Meg in Carolina
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing