Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunatley this si what I hear from a dealer. I once again went looking for "the SSR" and I found a guy who actually told me not to buy today, but wait until the last one rolls out of the factory. He told me the prices will fall so much because they don't sell many, and because of GM cash. So uh... guys and gals I will STILL be SSR-less for the next couple of months now. I want to see if what he said will happen. Like I said, St. Patrick's Day (March 17) is my birthday, so that's my gift to myself! Gosh.... once again... these trucks are freakin' awesome in person!

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
SSR4SURE said:
Unfortunatley this si what I hear from a dealer. I once again went looking for "the SSR" and I found a guy who actually told me not to buy today, but wait until the last one rolls out of the factory. He told me the prices will fall so much because they don't sell many, and because of GM cash. So uh... guys and gals I will STILL be SSR-less for the next couple of months now. I want to see if what he said will happen. Like I said, St. Patrick's Day (March 17) is my birthday, so that's my gift to myself! Gosh.... once again... these trucks are freakin' awesome in person!

Oh thats crap there is only so much margin in the Truck. Don't hold your breath.

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
Prices drop because of over supply. I find it hard to see how another 300 or so trucks, primarily pre-sold, all with a badge identifying them as the final production run, could cause prices to drop further. I don't see dealers ordering anything other than pre-solds. Not a whole lot of dealers will be risking losing money on spec units.

No matter how you slice it, if production is done March 17th, the number of available units, and the choice of options, will be decreasing daily.

I think they've pretty much hit bottom now, and should stabilize by late summer.

Ray

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ricochet said:
Oh thats crap there is only so much margin in the Truck. Don't hold your breath.

:glol :glol Gm don't care about margin at this point they just want all units GONE AT any price....... There are still NEW 03,04,05 and now 06s on dealers lot.....

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
That bring up an interesting point. Can we get final numbers of options produced in addition to the MY numbers we already have posted?

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
DavidN said:
:glol :glol Gm don't care about margin at this point they just want all units GONE AT any price....... There are still NEW 03,04,05 and now 06s on dealers lot.....
Yes but the Dealers are the owners of these units not GM

·
Registered
483 Posts
haven't seen anything but '06's at the local dealers and they're sure not giving them away here in Vegas..

·
Registered
442 Posts
The dealer exaggerated. Everything points to a continued slow drop in prices but nothing dramatic. Frankly, in this market, even though the SSR has dropdead gorgeous retro styling, the market is just not there for that. People care about resale and do much better with Corvettes and Mustangs. The SSRs just keep appealing to nuts like us and if thye can be gotten cheaply and not resold, resale matters nought. If there was some REAL h.p. available it would help some but not enough.......... I have been discussing this with a dealer sitting on a new '03 and he will probably go to his grave thinking the SSR prices will go back up. Maybe for his grandkids? The chrome pkg and twotone look so good, but then the price would be more than I can get a new Vette for. I am getting close to my 401K money and will probably make low SSR offers to some local dealers and go from there. A forum dealer is offering a good price for an ordered as I want it new Vette. hm-mm-mmm

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
All dealers have something different to say. Ours said 2 days ago there holding out on the price for the 2 06's they have. They dont know what to do either right now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its simple supply and demand. When the factory shuts down production the supply will decrease forever. We will have to wait and see about demand.

I find it ridiculous to believe that prices will drop because they stop producing them.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
i've had vettes and they are sweet but the ssr is truely unique. it is a true head-turner. i think the vehicle will have real collector value down the road but in the near future the prices will be soft. stogey

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
I agree

stogey said:
i've had vettes and they are sweet but the ssr is truely unique. it is a true head-turner. i think the vehicle will have real collector value down the road but in the near future the prices will be soft. stogey
:agree Ford built 48,394 retractables in '57, '58' & '59. Chevy will build about half that number of SSR's. Some vehicles have a timeless look about them....IMO the SSR is one of those few vehicles that have that special look.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just started reading this post and have been off the SSR forum for almost 3 months.

Are they discontinuing the SSr ?? :cry
please straight answers , or did I just misreed something with SSR4SURE' s intent to wait

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
TicketBait said:
I just started reading this post and have been off the SSR forum for almost 3 months.

please straight answers , or did I just misreed something with SSR4SURE' s intent to wait

Short answer is yes...the SSR is discontinued...production ends in March.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
New MSRP

Maita Chevrolet in Elk Grove, CA had a Pacific Blue 06 Automatic. Big sticker on window said " New MSRP as of Jan 11 $39,909".

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
TicketBait said:

You've missed over 15,000 posts! Better get reading :jester

It seems the tenative date for the last SSR is March 17th.
It also seems that IslandDreams will be selling the last saleable SSR:
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7937

Also the Orange SSR owned by ASC's president is for sale on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Yeppers, the way I see it is, you can wait on getting one, and possibly miss out on getting the kidn you want, or buy one now, and be sure to get it. If you are still messing around hoping to save a few hundred dollars you never will get out of the starting gates.

Yes, I bought my 2005 for @ 44k, Yes you can get those cheaper now. Do I wish I had waited.. Nope! I am happy to have gotten just what I wanted without waiting around.

A gift to yourself..? Well, I don't know about you, but I find that when I buy a gift for my self, I don't need a reason; ie; my b'day. I buy something for myself because I want it. Do you only give gifts when it is a set date? Or do you buy gifts on a whim because it fits?

I bought my 2005 Aqua Blur as a gift for me, cuz I wanted it, and I don't really remember the day I got it, but I can remember the look I got in it yesterday and the day before that, and the day before that,.. etc. etc..

Remember, "He who hesitate's is lost" Something to think on at any rate.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts