Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nodno Was checking on some new SSR's in the area and found that on the new 2005, with vin # in the 18000+ range, the price for the 1SB package has increased to $2000.

:rolleyes: Also this is one of the few vehicles that the Manual transmission costs more..... $815 more. Most vehicles come with a discount if you opt for the manual tranny.

:confused :confused With the sales less than spectatular why would you jack the prices???

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
SSR290 said:
:nodno Was checking on some new SSR's in the area and found that on the new 2005, with vin # in the 18000+ range, the price for the 1SB package has increased to $2000.

:rolleyes: Also this is one of the few vehicles that the Manual transmission costs more..... $815 more. Most vehicles come with a discount if you opt for the manual tranny.

:confused :confused With the sales less than spectatular why would you jack the prices???
Couple of things to contribute to the increase:

1) 100 more HP
2) Manual is a 6 speed
3) Still a very unique auto

Film at 11:00 (HA!)

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
:confused :confused With the sales less than spectatular why would you jack the prices???[/QUOTE]

One marketing ploy that is common is to raise the retail price and then offer a bigger rebate. Which sounds better, $48000 MSRP with a $1000 rebate or $49000 MSRP with a $2000 rebate???? Same bottom line but a bigger "savings".

·
Registered
111 Posts
If it means anything, I paid a premium for a 6-speed manual in my Corvette as well. I think it’s becoming the norm these days. Most cars are built with automatics.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Premium Cost

Bill Bogert said:
If it means anything, I paid a premium for a 6-speed manual in my Corvette as well. I think it’s becoming the norm these days. Most cars are built with automatics.

You are correct... there are far more automatics and to have a 6-speed you have to expect to pay a premium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts