Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen 5 chevy dealers and not one can give the 05 pricing for the 05 SSR! Has anyone seen the pricing for the 05? Fredfryguy :confused :thumbs :flag

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
They better come up with some prices real soon. Don't they start building the new ones starting this Monday???
Maybe the General will ship them out with blank window stickers and have the dealers fill in the blanks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Prices were released this morning ... my dealer called me and the base price has gone from the original $41,370.00 on the 2003 to $42,430.00 for the 2005 ... most everything else stays the same ... 1SB is still $1900.00 ... chrome rims are $1500.00 ... destination charge is still $625.00. Now just have to wait til next week for a VIN# and delivery date for my Black '05 with a confirmed TPW of 8/23 ... after going through withdrawl of not driving my Black '03 (VIN# 677 ... which was sold 3 weeks ago in anticipation of the '05's release). :thumbs

·
Registered
110 Posts
what engine has the 05

Are the first 05s going to have the 6.0 or will the early ones have the 5.3. I thought that motor would not be available until november.

I am also giving up the 04 for the 05, wanting the motor and trans

·
Registered
16 Posts
Confirmed order with LS-2, Aluminum 6.0 Liter, 390HP engine ... 4L60-E HD 4 Speed Automatic Transmission ... New 5 Link Rear Suspension. This is how it should have been from day 1 ... !!!! :cuss

·
Registered
16 Posts
shiftz33 said:
SMP409,

The 05 marketing info states the 4L65-E 4-speed auto should be in the 05 SSR, not the same 4L60-E 4-speed tranny (as in the 03/04 SSRs). Are you sure?

Anyone have EPA or GM gas mileage ratings for the 05 SSR?

Yes I'm sure ... the 2003 tranny was VOD code M30 ... the 2005 VOD code is M32 : " TRANSMISSION AUTO 4 SPD, HMD, 4L60-E, ELECTRONIC, HD ". Marketing info and sales info are 1 thing ... final order codes are another.

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
The M32 is the 4L65-E. Here's a GM website page showing the two M30/M32 transmissions.

Hydra-Matic Transmissions - Applications - 4L60-E / 4L65-E

If you have the M32 then that's the one intended for the 6.0L engine. It appears the sales order description text for the M32 is incorrect. This is one time the marketing info is correct. :)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody hear of this autobook?

SMP409 said:
Prices were released this morning ... my dealer called me and the base price has gone from the original $41,370.00 on the 2003 to $42,430.00 for the 2005 ... most everything else stays the same ... 1SB is still $1900.00 ... chrome rims are $1500.00 ... destination charge is still $625.00. Now just have to wait til next week for a VIN# and delivery date for my Black '05 with a confirmed TPW of 8/23 ... after going through withdrawl of not driving my Black '03 (VIN# 677 ... which was sold 3 weeks ago in anticipation of the '05's release). :thumbs
My dealer says the prices have not been published in his autobook? He doesn't like to go by the prices on the website because they can change? Anybody hear of this autobook? I still cannot get a price from a dealer? Any venture and answer?? Fred :confused :confused :mad ;) :flag

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
The Chevy website has been updated with some prices. They show the base price for the 2005 as $43,055. I can't find any other prices for options and they don't have an option to build a 2005 yet.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried yesterday at a dealer......

dingbat said:
The Chevy website has been updated with some prices. They show the base price for the 2005 as $43,055. I can't find any other prices for options and they don't have an option to build a 2005 yet.
The manager pulled up the chvey "Autobook" and the 05 SSR was in there and all the the options and guess what? No prices available! How did some of ya'all get prices at your dealer? you would think GM Autobook was the same at all dealers! I tried 3 different dealers in 3 different towns and counties and they all said the same thing, NO Prices yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused :confused :mad :mad :mad :leaving :flag ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ill get you an answer tommorow. i would do it today but my dealership is kinda shut down in the middle of the night. :sleep tommorow i will post again with a price so never fear. :party

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Prices seen

When I was at the Dream Cruise events on Saturday I had been looking at GM's Windbreak. The fellow that was talking to me... forgot his name, had a list of all the prices. However, I was only interested in the windbreak option which Listed at $400.00. I had asked him for a copy of his list but he didn't have one to give me.

Darn I wish I had written down all the prices. :(

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How about it!!!!!

richochetssr said:
ill get you an answer tommorow. i would do it today but my dealership is kinda shut down in the middle of the night. :sleep tommorow i will post again with a price so never fear. :party
Can you get the prices off autobook???Fred :seeya :) :thumbs

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check Chevy.com

It seems that GM posted the pricing today on www.chevy.com
You can configure a 05' SSR and get the MSRP for it now.

Allan

·
Registered
162 Posts
good to see the 6 spd doesn't add any cost. however --

my BIG question is whether or not I can order heated seats without having to get the whole 1SB package... doesn't look like it :-( what's up with that?!?! i don't want to pay for all that other crap...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Marc NY said:
When I was at the Dream Cruise events on Saturday I had been looking at GM's Windbreak. The fellow that was talking to me... forgot his name, had a list of all the prices. However, I was only interested in the windbreak option which Listed at $400.00. I had asked him for a copy of his list but he didn't have one to give me.

Darn I wish I had written down all the prices. :(
Dont want to Break Wind, do you?

·
Registered
421 Posts
KBB.com

All 2005 SSR pricing is now on KBB.com.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks!Amazing how paid help is not motivated to work

I can't believe the 5 dealers I left my name and number with, have not called me to sell a 05SSR!? I pay for advertising to bring customers to me in my business! I guess dealers aren't interested in selling!! Amazing how paid help is not motivated to work ( sell cars) unless the owners stands over them! I'm glad these sales managers don't work for me! :mad :confused :rolleyes: :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts