Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be "Rant" but here goes. This is not to throw anyone under the bus but, in the last couple of months several threads have been opened about problems. ie Soft brake pedal, stainless brake lines, and roof latches just to name a few. No solutions have been posted. Any problem that goes unsolved may also be a headache for someone else, and I hate headaches.( My wife seems to get alot of them). So what I'm saying share your knowledge. Robert.

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
There isn't always an instant fix. More often it takes the person asking the question to provide more information(year and their location), and working through possible scenarios. Soft brake pedal could have forty-eleven different causes. If they don't say what's been done before nobody can pull a rabbit out of the hat, only suggest things to try.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,187 Posts
My 2 cents is if you post a question/problem and you finally figure out or get an answer you should post that later also because there is someone else who will have the same problem eventually. You may save them a lot of time and a ton of money looking for answers. Like I said, my 2 cents.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,783 Posts
I have tried to provide FREE information on the Site.

No one reads it, then why do it?

I answer questions at Tech Seminar and add, "It's on the How to Library".

There are 87 HOW TO on Library, your answer may or may not be under ABS Brakes .

I often shake my head and say "Why do it".

Can take horse to water, can't make them drink.

You are welcome to start a question/answer thread. I have only be doing mine for 10 years.

Under TECHNICAL DISCUSSIONS: SSR HOW TO LIBRARY.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,187 Posts

There are 87 HOW TO on Library, your answer may or may not be under ABS Brakes .

You are welcome to start a question/answer thread. I have only be doing mine for 10 years.

Dicktator
I for one sure appreciate all your hard work in this area. Thank you very much. I was indicating the folks that ask the original question for help that they would supply the answer of what worked for them to resolve their problem or issue. Again Dicktator, thanks for all your hard work that has helped many of us. Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
My 2 cents is if you post a question/problem and you finally figure out or get an answer you should post that later also because there is someone else who will have the same problem eventually. You may save them a lot of time and a ton of money looking for answers. Like I said, my 2 cents.
I agree with Dictator and SWT, however Auggie sums it up very well as its always nice to know and may be of help if you let us know what happened.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
I for one sure appreciate all your hard work in this area. Thank you very much. I was indicating the folks that ask the original question for help that they would supply the answer of what worked for them to resolve their problem or issue. Again Dicktator, thanks for all your hard work that has helped many of us. Have a good one.
Very well stated Augie. I agree totally.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,462 Posts

Dicktator
Dick,
I know it is hard to see it this way when someone asks about something that is answered in your One Drive Help Files, but many are not asking because they have looked and learned. It is the new guy that has not found that answer yet that needs to be made aware when someone posts an answer, and needs to come back and tell us the fix worked because then someone else new might find his post and be send to your fixes.

I am sure there are also some that just do not have your files bookmarked and find it easier to post a question than look for the files.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,783 Posts
Dick,
I know it is hard to see it this way when someone asks about something that is answered in your One Drive Help Files, but many are not asking because they have looked and learned. It is the new guy that has not found that answer yet that needs to be made aware when someone posts an answer, and needs to come back and tell us the fix worked because then someone else new might find his post and be send to your fixes.

I am sure there are also some that just do not have your files bookmarked and find it easier to post a question than look for the files.
Thanks Dwight, Sorry guys, didn't mean to complain, getting old and grumpy.

It would be easier, maybe, if we had Forum called How to Library where Fanatics could post solutions to problem that are not the run of the mill problems, like "soft brake" pedal.

Dicktator

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,462 Posts
I can never find Dicks how to's.

We need "Dicks notes" in the "forum" drop down for ease to find.
I just put "Dicktator" on my bookmark list and linked it to his OneDrive as noted above.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,187 Posts
I just put "Dicktator" on my bookmark list and linked it to his OneDrive as noted above.
I am old and not familiar with the Bookmark thing you mentioned.That would be very handy. How do you do that? Thanks in advance.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,462 Posts
I am old and not familiar with the Bookmark thing you mentioned.That would be very handy. How do you do that? Thanks in advance.
On my AOL home page if I like a site I visit I can click a Heart at the top of it and tell AOL to save it in my favorites, I can also add it to my tool bar at the same time. I know I can do the some thing similar on Edge (that came with Microsoft 10) but have not learned that one yet. Know nothing of other browsers. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Many of these posts are from new owners who are only looking for an immediate solution. It seems they get the information and then bail. Hats off to grumpy Dicktator......he has always shown us the way and his “How To” library is the bomb. Lots of users don’t know how to navigate the site as well but the new one timers don’t take the time or they evidently don’t grasp the concept of the FORUM.

OLDxR

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts

Dicktator
Dick, your How To library is a very valuable tool. I don't know if you can track the number of times a specific section is accessed, but I know I have provided links to specific sections to new users who are not well versed at using our website.

I have accessed specific sections as needed, and have an increased comfort level with my SSR knowing the information is there when needed.:thumbs:thumbs

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
There will always be people who won't bother searching, people who don't have a clue how to search, people who don't understand what they're reading and need more help, people who's problem is a little different from Dick's file, and a million other things going on like phase of the moon and weight of the jockey.

It's fair to ask people to do a little research first, but we don't want to discourage people with a genuine problem they are stuck on from asking for help. I certainly think asking them for feedback to what did or didn't work is a reasonable request.

We're here to help but your attitude makes a biiiig difference. Capisce? ;)

Carve this in your forehead... backwards so you can read it in a mirror.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
I see more treads on here where someone has been helped and followed through with an epilogue for us then I see ones that don't.
I have used Harley, Corvette, Goldwing, Lexus and many other forums in the past and this forum is hands down the best. There's always going to be those that cruise in get what they need and leave without a trace but if one of us helped them along the way then we accomplished something.
Sometimes people don't want to admit when they did or did not do something that caused the problem to begin with. I for one love to admit that because if I screw something up I'd like to put it out there so someone else don't do the same thing even if I look like a buffoon in the process.

·
Registered
95 Posts
fixing an SSR

Personally, I have Dick's repair thread downloaded, about 4 times. I have it on that beautiful SSR thumb drive,attached to my keys, and probably other places as well. So far, I have removed a number of top cylinders(the photos are amazing), and replaced them also. I have removed and re-soldered the ABS module, and installed Mike's fantastic heat shield. Replaced the RF upper control arm. Replaced the radio, and reset the rs airbag, to help in the future. There are more that I can't remember right now, ALL WITH THE HELP OF dICKS REPAIR SYSTEM. I can't thank him and the others that helped comprise the manual. I'm just saying!
Howie

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,156 Posts
I am one of the newbies and I can not say thank you enough to those who provide the help and resources that I find on this site. Dictator I would enjoy meeting and picking your brain because you have probably forgot more than I will know about these trucks. I just hope that I can be valuable to others with my knowledge as I learn about the trucks and make the changes I will with my truck. I was also lucky to meet Oldxr on here and have met him in person. I am glad to say I consider him to be a friend even outside of here and our trucks. Many thanks to the great group who make this place what it is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts