Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
doesn't play but

My Problem Is Sometimes It Gets Stuck In Reading Disc.
Turn On And Off A Couple Of Times And It Will Play

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,202 Posts
Did Once

Had it kick out a disc after it finished playing it. Pulled it out, hit load cd, and sent it back in. Seems ok now.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Music Tastes

[QUOTE="Scotty" Scott]Has anyone had a problem with the CD player not playing and kicking out the discs?
"Scotty"
BLURSSR

:ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr [/QUOTE]

Scotty,

It just doesn't like your tastes in music :lol

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
9 Posts
The CD seems to not like any CDs burned on the computer. The OEM ones and the OEM copied ones work good on the CD copier but problems on PC copied and custom ones...get kicked out. Interesting the ones that get kicked out work fine on my 2002 SS Camaro..but not my 2003 SSR.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
The CD seems to not like any CDs burned on the computer. The OEM ones and the OEM copied ones work good on the CD copier but problems on PC copied and custom ones...get kicked out. Interesting the ones that get kicked out work fine on my 2002 SS Camaro..but not my 2003 SSR.
I have found the same problem. I don't understand, it all good oldies!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
In the past it could be the background color of the cd or DVDs
Ran into this problem a couple of years ago

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,498 Posts
Check owners manual

In the 2004 owners manual page 3-70 there is a list of reasons that can cause this problem. I have had the first on the list happen to me it gets too hot and the CD comes out, after it cools down the CD will go back in on it's own.
There are other reasons on the list but the first one has happened to me a couple of times.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,269 Posts
Do you have the upgraded Bose system or the base radio?
Are you burning as MP3 or as an audio session like an OEM disk?
Are you using a 650 or 700 MB CD-R media? A 650 might help.
What speed are you recording at? Use a low 2X, it might help.

With my Bose CD player I ran into issues with putting too much data on the disk. Even though you have room you cannot exceed what the CD player will read. Sometimes taking off one song will allow them to play properly. I use 700MB disks but make sure I do not use more than 650MB and I only record at 2X and it seems to work better.

Hope that helps

·
2,422 Posts
in the 2004 owners manual page 3-70 there is a list of reasons that can cause this problem. I have had the first on the list happen to me it gets too hot and the cd comes out, after it cools down the cd will go back in on it's own.
There are other reasons on the list but the first one has happened to me a couple of times.
same here too hot !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think that this CD player has to have some builtin in defect as there are way too many people complaining comparatively speaking. Probably just go with after market full face DVD player with GPS and NO programming to install. Thats my route..when and I I get to it! FIRST there is that dash remove for the replacement of that AC door actuator nearest to the right front door pillar. I hear that is one FUN job! lol!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,269 Posts
I think that this CD player has to have some builtin in defect as there are way too many people complaining comparatively speaking. Probably just go with after market full face DVD player with GPS and NO programming to install. Thats my route..when and I I get to it! FIRST there is that dash remove for the replacement of that AC door actuator nearest to the right front door pillar. I hear that is one FUN job! lol!
Well, sometimes there are issues but since you mentioned that the store bought ones work well so you should be able to play computer music as well. If you have the base model radio you need to use MP3 only, if the upgraded Bose then you need to make it an audio session CD and keep within the data specs.

Yeah, I have done a few of those AC actuators ....... make sure there are no kids, wives, girlfriends, neighbors, etc within shouting distance when you do it :glol

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Sometimes the disc is NOT closing properly when completed burning. Make sure that you close the burning session all the time.
Hope that helps.
Charles

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I personally found out using ITunes to burn the Audio CD's work perfect every time. Someone posted this a while back on another post. Also use only brand name CD's, seems the cheap ones start skipping after a couple of plays.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts