Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SSR 6 Speed Asphalt Black
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site researching a phone mount for the SSR. Compatible with Chevrolet SSR 2003-2006 Item No. 853686 - ProClip Center Mount
While it shows it fits with a factory radio, I have since replaced it with an Alpine. There is a deeper cavity now with the Alpine stereo.
There was one review from a SSR owner. I have a suction cup extender for the windshield while it holds, it does impede the view.
Anyway thought I would share the link. ProClip Center Dash Mount
Car Vehicle Satellite radio Steering wheel Automotive design

Car Steering part Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tony

·
Premium Member
2005 6-speed #19384 Adopted 6/19/21
25 Posts
I found this site researching a phone mount for the SSR. Compatible with Chevrolet SSR 2003-2006 Item No. 853686 - ProClip Center Mount
While it shows it fits with a factory radio, I have since replaced it with an Alpine. There is a deeper cavity now with the Alpine stereo.
There was one review from a SSR owner. I have a suction cup extender for the windshield while it holds, it does impede the view.
View attachment 620982
View attachment 620983

Tony
I have one of these ProClips in my SSR. Works great. It blocks the power/volumen button a little bit if one still have the otriginal stero in place, like I do. But that's a very minor inconvenience since I rarely touch it anyway. It is a pricey piece compared to some other options but it works very well, is very stable, and doesn't block any view while still giving a good look at the face of the phone when I'm driving with Google mpas running.

·
Registered
2005 6-Speed
156 Posts
I also installed the ProClip and the USASPEC BT45-GM15 Bluetooth interface (hard to find now) that syncs with the OEM radio and steering wheel controls. Very pleased with this setup!

·
Premium Member
2006 Silver automatic-vin #122786
372 Posts
I just finished a 400 mile trip with my cell phone on my lap!!! I just ordered the Pro Clip--anything is better than what I have!! Thanks for the info The wife didn't think the plunger was a good fit!!
Steve

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR,2004 Ultra Violet
1,538 Posts
I just finished a 400 mile trip with my cell phone on my lap!!! I just ordered the Pro Clip--anything is better than what I have!! Thanks for the info The wife didn't think the plunger was a good fit!!
Steve
I ordered Pro Clip with a 2000 mile trip coming up for CBB tour thought it would be a good idea as well otherwise my phone would be in my lap also. Unfortunately the mount was backordered and no ETA so I cancelled the order.

·
Registered
2005 SSR, Silver with chrome wheels.
182 Posts
View attachment 620982
View attachment 620983

Tony
Yes, I have used ProClip in several vehicles and have always found their products to be of high quality. When I purchased mine for my SSR about 3 months ago, they were out of stock. I think that I forced them to fill a mold and make another batch of, my guess, 24 units. So you have purchased number 23 (I got number 24) so there are 22 more units to sell. I mounted my TomTom GPS on the ProClip and it works fantastic! ProClip products are not cheap, after the molding process they machine each part to the exact size needed. The "clip on" process is very firm and tight, which means a solid fit.

Street Rod Andy
(now, back to a reader again)

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Premium Member
2006 Silver automatic-vin #122786
372 Posts
I guess I was a little late to the party. Mine is on back order with no ETA. And made in Sweden so this could be awhile. So I’m back to the plunger set up for now!

·
Registered
2005 SSR, Silver with chrome wheels.
182 Posts
I guess I was a little late to the party. Mine is on back order with no ETA. And made in Sweden so this could be awhile. So I’m back to the plunger set up for now!
I would advise to re-order. I think I got the same story, but it came in a couple of weeks. My "guess" would be that they paid for the molder to run a set of (my guess) 24 parts. And when they get an order, a part goes to the machinist to machine to exact size. So your order must go through the cue in two companies. My advice is, that it is worth the wait. High quality sometimes takes time - - -

Now again, back to "reader status"
Street Rod Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts