Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK since they say that the SSR market was targeted for the professionals making 100,000.00 and up. I know I don't hit that. What profession are you in or are you retired?
I don't think they were acurate on this one.

I am a Office Administrator running two business.

·
Premium Member
19,809 Posts
profession

Gee whiz I dont fit it either but thanks to my wife we got one anyway(gotta love that girl of mine) . Myself Iam a transit bus mechanic heavy repair shop. when the bus don't run our shop fixes them. we do all the heavy work. a little dirty but the work is good. :cool

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I Wish

I wish I fit into one of those catagories!! :lol Unfortunately, I'm still quite a few years for retirement. I own and operate a family daycare home and preschool and my husband works in a local parts dept. Well below $100,00. We have a 5year old comfortable home and all the bills are paid on time, so guess they were wrong, there are others who are willing to pay for the pleasure of owning one on these beauties :ssr

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
semi-retired electrical contractor.
part time dabbler in real estate.

wife is subcontractor with FAA in management training evaluations.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Professional Photograher specializing in Drag Racing and I also own a professional photolab in Carlsbad CA

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Health, Safety and Environment Manager for an offshore oil and gas drilling contractor. My wife is a retired (so far) hairdresser.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have dug ditches most of my life, drilled holes for the last 10 or so years.
Sold out about 3 years ago.
I just mess around now, O yea, I'm in Equipment Service for Honda.
I tell them Honda is my WalMart job.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Aerospace Engineer (rocket scientist). Over 100 k - in my dreams! Wife talked me into the SSR, granted she didn't have to try too hard.. She's a full time student.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Satellite tech

I'm a satellite tech for a gov't contractor. I'm not sure if you would consider me a "professional"

:ssr Jim

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Family investments in commercial warehouses and other such nonsense. My wife works for Collin County in the Tax and Registration Dept.. So we are not hitting that $100,000 area either, although you know the county job pays really well,.................NOT

·
Registered
380 Posts
l see Double-L and I have something in common. I'm a State Investigator for the NJ Attorney General's Office. At least that's what it says on my badge. :cool
Only the "Shadow Knows" Besides, dead men tell no tales!!! :reddevil
Well with bribes and payoffs, I'm well over $100k, just don't tell the IRS. If you do, they'll need CSI in Vegas, NY and Miami to find ya. :nono

Bard
(like I'm going to give my real name) :angel
:ssr

·
Registered
904 Posts
dingbat said:
cool. Does that mean you are a retired government hit man or do you make hits on government retirees???? :lol
No just what I said and why would you want to do anything to government retirees, They have done all the damage they can do and gone

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
dingbat said:
cool. Does that mean you are a retired government hit man or do you make hits on government retirees???? :lol
:lol :lol :lol I manage a small used vehicle lot. I don't fit into the parameters originally stated. It also helps to be single and have my home paid for. :thumbs

·
Registered
407 Posts
well I'm in sales with debt up to my eyebrows. i'm like that guy on the commercial driving the yard tractor telling about all his debt and who knows how he is going to pay for it.....

which explains why my wife has yet to sit in or drive my car. afford it....no. had to have it....yes, yes, yes!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
DetTweety said:
Well with bribes and payoffs, I'm well over $100k, just don't tell the IRS. If you do, they'll need CSI in Vegas, NY and Miami to find ya. :nono

Bard
(like I'm going to give my real name) :angel
:ssr
Ummm - I am employed by the US Treasury - in 18 days I will have been with the firm 25 years!!!

Household is right at 100k - if I include all the 'rewards' I get for finding non-compliance taxpayers. :lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Hubby and I work in the public sector...both county employees

art/alternative ed/lead teacher - me

juvenile probation - him

combined incomes might put us in that category if only we had some tax write-offs, considering the cost-of-living in CA (no pitter-patter of little feet around here unless you count the 4-legged kind) :lol :lol don't know if that qualifies us as professionals, just over-educated :jester regardless...still a lot of $$$ to blow on a toy :) that's why the :ssr is my daily drive

1 - 20 of 157 Posts