Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if someone posts up their flutenator valve and lists it at a reasonable price of lets say $200. and we all know the flutenator valves are no longer made by the original flutenator valve company. And someone buys it and post it on an auction site for a higher price say $400. and sells it rather quickly and has made a profit on their investment. Now they start buying every flutenator valve that comes up for sale on the board here and selling them on the auction site for a mark up, what can be done? It is really bad then because you will see a post for a flutenator valve for sale then a day later, maybe a new member or even an old member is looking for one but they all get snatched up by the flutenator buyer. Is it a matter of to bad, so sad? Or would it be ok to warn sellers about the flutenator buyer and while it is great they are willing to pass along a deal to other Fanatics the Flutenator buyer will be along shortly to buy your fluenator so he can profit off your good deal,

Now for the disclaimer. No Flutenator valves were injured in this post. No names have been mentioned to protect the guilty. This post is about buying sought after parts from the members and then selling at an inflated price which then drives the prices up across the market. If you find parts for sale any where else more power to you and good luck with your sale but the forum should be about helping others.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
:|

Well, your post here could really "stir the Pot". It can for sure be a (crap shoot) to figure out the right price for an item you no longer really need, and want to help out another that wants one....without taking a beating on the deal when you later discover how much more could have been made.

Does the buyer really need it or is it a buy/sell scenario. I got caught on the wrong end of one of those sells about a year ago. "Caveat Emptor" I think is the thing to keep in mind.:wink2:

(except change the meaning in this case from buyer to seller).

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
I for one am getting VERY tired of this problem and I am not afraid to directly confront it. User "cadiman" is buying parts here and flipping for nearly twice the money on EBay.

Please, for those people that want to sell to someone that actually needs one here and wants to help out, do NOT sell to "cadiman" or user "josephb51" on EBay. He is somewhat smart and posts his wares as "private sales" so people cannot see all the items he has flipped in the past but you can still find all the stuff he has sold with a little work.

I think in the last 2 weeks he has gotten 3 hitches from the forum ........ time for the BS to stop.

Of course people can sell what they want to who they want. Nobody is perfect and I know it happens from time to time due to people changing their minds about a part or mod, maybe found a better deal elsewhere and need to move the part they just bought or for other reasons..... But for someone to swoop down ant take everything advertised in the last few weeks and resell in days on EBAY for nearly double the price really takes the cake.

I just want people to be aware of what is happening so you can make an educated decision on who to sell your parts to.

Let the flaming begin......

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
This kind of crap will always happen. Years ago I I gave a few take off parts away only to find that they had been sold on e-bay. I may be old and dumb but I still do believe in Karma and hope it all evens up in the end. Now having said that, pick your friends carefully it is fulfilling to help someone out but I find it aggravating to be used. be careful!

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Not too hard to track on Fleabay. Can see 7 hitches and a gauge pod sold recently for rather high costs. Several gauge pods and hitches are now currently in auction. While we know buying and flipping is the norm for some on the auction site, it is bothersome that most Fanatics price their items with the idea they are helping another Fanatic in need, not with maximum profit. Shame!

Boomer Bob

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,572 Posts
I agree Dragon2U and others. I haven't monitored any of the items being sold or who is buying but the same names do keep popping up a lot..

We refer to our Fanatic forum as a "Fanatic Family". Much like in most families we try to help one another out. It's not unusual for a family member to sell an item for a little something to help out a child or a sibling knowing full well you could make more money on it by selling it to someone else. If my Dad sold me his radial saw for $50 because he thought I could really use it but then I sold it for $150 to make some money, I don't think he would be happy about and probably a bit hurt over the situation.

I believe most people who sell extra items on our site are not necessarily in need of the money, but like many of us, trying to help some other "family" members out and recoup a little of the cash. I know I have personally been blessed by others who wanted to help me upgrade my truck and sold me items at below eBay market value! In fact, I have even had an item gifted to me!

With all that being said... Members can sell to who ever they want but know that your generosity may be taken for granted by those looking to make a big profit on it...

Sometimes names need to be named in order to make the "family" aware... Thank you @Dragon2U and @Stlhotrod for bringing it to our attention.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I for one am getting VERY tired of this problem and I am not afraid to directly confront it. User "cadiman" is buying parts here and flipping for nearly twice the money on EBay.

Please, for those people that want to sell to someone that actually needs one here and wants to help out, do NOT sell to "cadiman" or user "josephb51" on EBay. He is somewhat smart and posts his wares as "private sales" so people cannot see all the items he has flipped in the past but you can still find all the stuff he has sold with a little work.

I think in the last 2 weeks he has gotten 3 hitches from the forum ........ time for the BS to stop.

Of course people can sell what they want to who they want. Nobody is perfect and I know it happens from time to time due to people changing their minds about a part or mod, maybe found a better deal elsewhere and need to move the part they just bought or for other reasons..... But for someone to swoop down ant take everything advertised in the last few weeks and resell in days on EBAY for nearly double the price really takes the cake.

I just want people to be aware of what is happening so you can make an educated decision on who to sell your parts to.

Let the flaming begin......

Thank You. I was not aware this was going on.

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
862 Posts
Me neither!

Lets see the names of these people and kindly offer them the door!

This is supposed to be a family that sticks together. I gave Dictator some parts I had with the thought that someone who might need them could have them for free.

A member here asked if anyone had a certain part. I had one and told him that he could have it for free, if he would pay the postage.

People here are supposed to help each other when ever they can. That is why we are different from other car clubs.

The posts here are replete with statements about where a member helped another with a part, helped to fix a members' car, or helped with information or suggestions for a fix.

I would suggest that people who are here to make money off of the generosity of others should not profit at our expense!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Family is family. Some people don't appreciate that. Maybe because they don't and never have had any family values. These people should
be mentioned for everyone to be aware of. Everyone has had great thoughts on this subject. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
860 Posts
I have sold parts that I took off my truck when I upgraded to something else. I found for me the best time to sell these parts are at a Rally swap meet then I know they are going to another truck owner. I know not everyone has that opportunity but it sure helps me knowing who is getting them and I feel like I am helping a family member.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,883 Posts
When I went to my first tech session here in So. Florida a couple of years ago, I met a guy named Frank who was from Texas. As we were walking around in the parking lot looking at his and others R's, he out of the blue asks me if I would like a SE front spoiler he has that's still in the box that he no longer had a need for. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he told me I could have it for free! This is just one example of the great people on this forum who share their knowledge, labor and even parts for little to no compensation. I'm sorry I don't remember his last name or his screen name but if he reads this, I would again like to thank him for his generosity.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I think the Fanatic who lists parts on the Forum wants to move something no longer needed and prices it as to what it’s worth to him. Any one can jump on that part and complete the deal. Happy buyer and happy seller! Both got what they wanted. The buyer, like Cadiman, see another market for parts to owners of SSR’s that don’t know about our site so they look at eBay for what they need. There are so many SSR owners out there that are oblivious to the SSRFANATC family. So if Cadiman is an outlaw what about Wild Bill’s SSR parts pricing? I’d buy from either of them and i don’t fault them. If I found the part on the Forum I’d buy it ASAP IF I needed it. These part prices are only going to increase as they become obsolete.

OLDxR

·
Registered
332 Posts
When I post a part on the site I am offering it to a fellow Fanatic that can make use of the part. I am pricing it in such a manner that is worth it to both parties.

I am not advertising it on ebay or other sites and I don't want to sell to someone that would then take it and resell.

I have seen many times where mentioned users are the first ones to jump on the part making it unavailable for other Fanatics that may truly want use it.

Is it Legal - Yes. But to me this is all sorts of WRONG. It is unfortunate that others fell it is okay to take advantage of people with good intentions. Especially on the Fanatic Forum.

Personally, I won't sell to or buy from users that do this.

Greg

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
When I went to my first tech session here in So. Florida a couple of years ago, I met a guy named Frank who was from Texas. As we were walking around in the parking lot looking at his and others R's, he out of the blue asks me if I would like a SE front spoiler he has that's still in the box that he no longer had a need for. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he told me I could have it for free! This is just one example of the great people on this forum who share their knowledge, labor and even parts for little to no compensation. I'm sorry I don't remember his last name or his screen name but if he reads this, I would again like to thank him for his generosity.

Dave
I think you're referring to Dinerman ... Frank Brightwell, who he and his wife Margaret are great people. They hosted the 2017 SSR International Rally in Dennison, Texas. tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
When I bought my SSR back in 2015, I was missing the interior door handle inserts. I looked online, but couldn't find a parts dealer that carried them... which led me to the SSR Fanatics forum. Having never comment/inquiry on such a site, I explained my need. With minutes I had several reply to the post with the help I sought.

End result... a member sent me the parts (brand new) and would not except any payment for them... it even cost him ~$13.00 to ship them to me! :surprise:
He said... "that's what Fanatics do"!
I quickly decided that I wanted to be associated with people like that and joined as a "lifetime member".

I know many people look at a dollar bill with much greater affection than I do, and that's ok, but I'm happiest when I help others out. :smile2:
:ssr
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
total waste of time reading this post, the purchaser should decide if the price posted is good and the make purchase decision.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.