Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We considered whether to part this truck out (it has salvaged title) or put it back on the road...could’ve made money parting it out. With only 8,600 miles and a ‘like new’ all over; Debbie has decided to drive it.
After spending a couple days in the frame shop, they had to pull the frame a little, align the front end, they said everything is good. I welded in a new structural inner fender. Here is the progress on it...ready to paint when the weather gets better.
I had to use my spare right front fender... so I’m in search of another right front fender.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you go with a new inner structure or a used one? Wondering how difficult that job was?
I bought a parts truck and Drilled the spot welds out, then welded it back in the black truck. It’s a job but not real bad. I have changed body parts before (I use to restore the 60’s mustangs).

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,533 Posts
So glad you decided to save the truck! With that low milage it would have been a shame to part it out! Like the others, I admire your skill set! Look forward to seeing at a Rally. Maybe at Maggie Valley? 😉

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
6,355 Posts
I bought a parts truck and Drilled the spot welds out, then welded it back in the black truck. It’s a job but not real bad. I have changed body parts before (I use to restore the 60’s mustangs).
I was wondering because I have a front inner structure and wasn't sure if it was worth keeping around or not. Now I know it is worth it.
Great job on it and thank you for the updates. This is good to show they can be repaired rather then becoming parts trucks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts