Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hate to admit it, as I own a Smokin' Asphalt SSR, but facts are facts.

The Lansing plant has one SSR that they call "The Calibration SSR", that is set up for in-plant use as the "perfection" standard for checking any adjustments, attributes, etc, such as headlight aim, front end alignment, body panel fit, etc.

As you ca clearly see from the photo below, it is Slingshot Yellow in color.

Therefore, obviously, Slingshot Yellow is the PERFECT color for an SSR to be. :)

Jim G

Attachments

·
OP
8,268 Posts
Bite me

I beg to differ. Then explain why we are all experiencing so many problems with our SSR's if yellow is so perfect... :lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
Gotta side with Amp on this one Jim...We have the problems cause they used yellow for the calibration...definately shoulda used Black, definately, yep, K-mart, K-mart sucks...

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,782 Posts
Jim...Maybe that explains why we couldn't separate the yellow ones either in Savannah or on the drive down Woodward Ave. I'm certainly NOT agreeing with you BUT am offering a feeble explanation for it. :yawn

OK, bring on the flak. :boxing

P/P

Peace :flag

·
OP
8,268 Posts

JimGnitecki said:
ampmop: Simple explanation. You are having problems BECAUSE yours is not yellow!! :)

Jim G
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,760 Posts
I wholeheartedly disagree with the "yellow-is-faster" theory.

According to my analysis, a black SSR is faster in the direct sunlight, due to boundary layer physics. When the black truck is traveling at high speed, there is decrease in the boundary layer density that is generated by the heat of the paint. The additional heating has the air molecules spaced farther apart and therefore eliminates some of the drag associated with surface turbulance.

Black is faster in the direct sun and stealthier at night..... Gotta be black.

Mike

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,947 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
Jim - as usual - your diagnosis is RIGHT ON!
My friend Keith,

I have to respectfully disagree with you and Jim G. ;) Actually it is silver that was intended to be the only true SSR color. I am sure that you noticed the photos that Jim G. posted earlier from the LCC plant that showed ALL of our SSRs actually start off in a Silver color?

Then should it not mean that they ALL were intended to be a rich and luxurious color of course that being in SILVER?
:thumbs

G

·
Yellow???? Black???

Silly! the reason you don't see many blue ones is that they go so much faster. That dark streak you see out of the the corner of your eye is a BLUE ssr! :)

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Yellow?

The yellow ones stick together out of FEAR of REDLINE RED. :lol

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
No It Means

Marc NY said:
My friend Keith,

I have to respectfully disagree with you and Jim G. ;) Actually it is silver that was intended to be the only true SSR color. I am sure that you noticed the photos that Jim G. posted earlier from the LCC plant that showed ALL of our SSRs actually start off in a Silver color?

Then should it not mean that they ALL were intended to be a rich and luxurious color of course that being in SILVER?
:thumbs
Hey Marc

Its means you need to take your baby back to the dealer GM forgot to paint it :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
601 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
Well, I hate to admit it, as I own a Smokin' Asphalt SSR, but facts are facts.

The Lansing plant has one SSR that they call "The Calibration SSR", that is set up for in-plant use as the "perfection" standard for checking any adjustments, attributes, etc, such as headlight aim, front end alignment, body panel fit, etc.

As you ca clearly see from the photo below, it is Slingshot Yellow in color.

Therefore, obviously, Slingshot Yellow is the PERFECT color for an SSR to be. :)

Jim G

I have been trying to tell people this since the day I bought mine. :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.