Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please still vote in the other thread. I want to really thank Robert at Custom Fab for doing this fast and it looks great. I will probably get them in my hands next week. Then I will send a protype to WildDesertWolf to try engraving for members. Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
Please still vote in the other thread. I want to really thank Robert at Custom Fab for doing this fast and it looks great. I will probably get them in my hands next week. Then I will send a protype to WildDesertWolf to try engraving for members. Thanks everyone!

Sure looks super , to bad WildDesertWolf won't have a sample tomorrow night Arz. party::seeya

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We were just talking about that. I wanted to at least get a picture for your meet. The badge is 3" across and should look great once engraved and the letters are painted. I think I will leave the painting of the letters for the members once they get them. The reason for this is I dont want the paint to get messed up while being engraved. It will be easier to poilsh the badge after engraving without paint too. The Valve Covers will have the SSR engraved on them too. I should have everything by the end of next week.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The prototype is made from 1/4" thick aluminum but Robert thinks it is too thick. He is going to mess with some thinner aluminum to see what it looks like. The back has a milled out area for double sided tape, this way it will mount flush with the surface you are mounting it to.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
:thumbs Very GOOD looking Badge. :thumbs

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
Will the back he contoured to match the shape of the waterfall? - someone had tried a Corvette emblem, but I think there were issues fitting it to the curve of the waterfall.

Looks great!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The thickness and softness of the aluminum is something we have been looking at so it can be bent to fit the contour of the waterfall by the member after the engraving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts