Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this Prowler Trailer. It’s in Spring Hill, FL. Trying to find the best way to get it to CA. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,980 Posts
We have a Fanatic that is a cross country trucker that has offered to move parts when possible. I don't recall his handle or is he just on the Facebook Fanatic site? I don't remember? Anyone else? 🤔

Reactions: Hollister SSR

·
Spirited driver!
1,708 Posts
I purchased this Prowler Trailer. It’s in Spring Hill, FL. Trying to find the best way to get it to CA. Any thoughts? View attachment 590913
I very jealous Dennis! Worse case, you can get someone from FL that is going to Deadwood to bring it. I assume you want it for that trip though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
How about a motorcycle carrier, it looks about the size of a Harley trike.. There a number of company's that truck motorcycles the Sturgis every year so they're around somewhere........

·
Premium Member
2005 SSR
29 Posts
We have a Fanatic that is a cross country trucker that has offered to move parts when possible. I don't recall his handle or is he just on the Facebook Fanatic site? I don't remember? Anyone else? 🤔
I’m not trying to be funny... but how about trying to find a person headed your way to tow it...I have a factory prowler trailer and I’ve towed it across town without using my prowler to pull it..
keep in mind that that trailer is exactly the same width as the actual car....but it can be pulled behind a pickup etc.
with the tongue and all it measures just under 100 inches....
you’d need to get your insurance ducks in a row also... and possibly what is known as a drive away tag. To display coming to cal.
aalso there’s a company in Florida that’s called the Prowler Store that might help you as weelll.
good luck... they’re nice to have...

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m not trying to be funny... but how about trying to find a person headed your way to tow it...I have a factory prowler trailer and I’ve towed it across town without using my prowler to pull it..
keep in mind that that trailer is exactly the same width as the actual car....but it can be pulled behind a pickup etc.
with the tongue and all it measures just under 100 inches....
you’d need to get your insurance ducks in a row also... and possibly what is known as a drive away tag. To display coming to cal.
aalso there’s a company in Florida that’s called the Prowler Store that might help you as weelll.
good luck... they’re nice to have...
Actually, it’s the Prowler Store I’m buying it from.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
924 Posts
Thomas Tucker is the truckers name. If interested in his contact info please message me.

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
I think that a Prowler trailer looks great behind a Prowler. I have two friends here in the big town of York (8,000). The lines match so well. I suppose they match somewhat an SSR, but not from the back.

dave

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,616 Posts
If you had time you could just wait for Bluestreak to pass through.
I would have volunteered to pick it up but I will be pulling my I own to Maggie, Deadwood, etc.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,504 Posts
Just for info I don't know who made those trailers but saw some on E-bay for around $7000.00. Pretty spendy. Sure like the look of it. When I googled Prowler trailer it shows a full size camper trailer. Don't know who made these or how to get one.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They were made by a company in Warren, MI named Atlas and were sold by Chrysler or Plymouth as an accessory to the Prowler. The yellow one on eBay was at $7995 the other day. I didn’t pay near that much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts