Chevy SSR Forum banner

Puddle Lights & Turn Signals in Mirror

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  IRB Dennie 
#1 ·
Project, install led's in mirror for turn signal { Amber } to the outside. Also white for puddle lights
Puddle lights are activated with the keyfob unlock button, Took awhile to make it happen...
Quite an endevor:nerd: Wiring & led's about $25.00 & a lot of head scratching:lol
Just finishing up...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
:frown2:

OK, I'm gonna take the "hit" here......cause at my age, I really don't think a few guys near my age.........have a clue....as to WTF are (Puddle lights).:surprise:

Spending some time thinking about it and noting that the original poster was from Florida, I came up with just (maybe) it meant to be a light that focused on a (puddle of water) that you might step in as you were about to enter your truck.

Having experienced one of the most violent rain storms in my entire life while interviewing candidates in Boca Raton..........many yrs ago, maybe this was the intent.:|

It that is not the case, I'd appreciate a brief explanation as to the intent/purpose of "puddle lights":smile2:

#9 ·
Puddle lights in Door Too

Got some Blue Leds for the door panels & footwell to be wired into courtesy light circuit.
So when door opens light on. no step in the puddle...
Lights in mirror only work for 20 seconds when activated with keyfob unlock
Blue led in console, works with a push push switch.
Already put Blue 6mm led in door handle & door pocket, power from parking light circuit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.