Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think this is any thing to be concerned about BUT, Inquiring minds want to know. This evening I installed the Throttle body I got from @32Revolver and when I took old one off I noticed a puddle of fuel about size of a quarter in back of intake. Front of intake was damp. The last month I have only started it up maybe 5 times to move out of garage, ran for maybe 2 minutes at most, engine has not been at operating temp for a while. Any thing to be concerned about. Weather has been to nasty to take on road with salt and brine on roads.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Did it smell like gasoline ? It might be a leaky injector..but my thought is that it was oil, only because the gas is not sprayed into the air chamber of the intake only the runners.
Oil is common in the intake because of the stock PCV system. Also if the truck had a K & N filter, oil residue is common.
If it smelled like gasoline though, you may need to think about looking for a leaky injector or injector seal.

·
Registered
604 Posts
note fuel related but if I have to move my car without driving it I make sure it runs for at least 10 mins to heat up everything and dissipate all water vapors (especially from exhaust system).

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
leak

The injector seal should not be a culprit. The seals merely seal the fuel from leaking past while the engine is running. The injector would be a problem if it is leaking internally (internal to the injector). If the injector leaks internally, it could bleed down into that area.
Does the engine run rough?
Does it miss upon start up?

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The injector seal should not be a culprit. The seals merely seal the fuel from leaking past while the engine is running. The injector would be a problem if it is leaking internally (internal to the injector). If the injector leaks internally, it could bleed down into that area.
Does the engine run rough?
Does it miss upon start up?
Last time I had it on the road it ran perfect. The dampness on the sides was more like oil than fuel. The puddle smelled like Fuel (tasted like chickin). Like I said I moved it out of garage, put my ramps down than pulled it on ramps and shut it down probably 5 times. I'm thinking it hasn't ran at engine temp for awhile. Going to have Jeremy do tune at Daytona. It has Spectre dual filters.

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the problem, you don't see it unless you take the Throttle Body off and look into the intake. Will wait till after get my exhaust on and have Jeremy tune it and see how it runs. Out of site out of mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts