Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a small pull behind trailer....

·
HobbyBob
641 Posts
I just completed the trip to Maggie Valley from Phoenix pulling a trailer I bought from Northern Tool. It worked just fine.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,158 Posts
If you are wanting a small open trailer check with the lumber stores. Lowes and Home Depot both sell some pretty nice ones at a reasonable price around me. Also check with the local outdoor equipment place. We have a big one here that gets trade ins all the time when people are either up sizing or down sizing on their lawn mowers.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
If you are wanting a small open trailer check with the lumber stores. Lowes and Home Depot both sell some pretty nice ones at a reasonable price around me. Also check with the local outdoor equipment place. We have a big one here that gets trade ins all the time when people are either up sizing or down sizing on their lawn mowers.
:|
If you opt for one of these open trailers as suggested, try and be sure to go for the largest wheel/tire size you can.

You can hardly run too many miles down the interstate or some secondary roads without coming upon a small boat trailer or such with those damn small wheels/tires and it has blown out or taken out a wheel bearing too.

Those small wheels/tires cannot hold up to interstate speeds and such. Turning way too many revs as compared to your towing vehicle.:wink2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,884 Posts
I bought a small fold up trailer off of ebay probably 15 years ago that's done a great job for me hauling my Harley from Texas to Florida along with a lot of local hauls. I paid extra for the 12 inch tires and assembled it myself.

Dave

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
42,809 Posts
Yep they’re around the 3-400 mark, I picked this one up and installed 3/4 good one side plywood to make it weatherproof for hauling wood .... works great !!!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts