Chevy SSR Forum banner

Pulling a Set of Main Lift Cylinders this morning.

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Warrior=='06 
#1 ·
An '05 owner in Biloxi contacted me about a month and a half ago saying his truck had a leaking cylinder. I told him to bring it over and we would pull them and send them for repair. He had some health issues he had to attend to and he would call in a couple of weeks. Since I had not heard from him I thought he might have lost my number so I called Thursday. He was supposed to be here at 7;00 this morning. He called at 7:10 and said they would be an hour late. i love getting up at 5:30 getting everything ready, moving the cars out of the garage and then setting around 1 hour and half waiting for someone the show up so I can donate free labor.
He will be a new member this morning because I am going to tell him I only work and SSR Fanatic's trucks.
Jack

#3 ·
Some of the NEWBIES, if we can call them that, think that we owe them to help with their SSR.

Forgetting that we have spent 20 years "finding" and "fixing" stuff that GM didn't.

Join SSR Fanatic.com for $25.00 per year is cheap for the support and information that is available.

You get Mike aka Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions (simple-engineering.com) who spends lots of time and money developing "fixes" and parts for SSR.

You get SSR How to Library: New folder - OneDrive (live.com)

And you get dedicated SSR Fanatics like Jack aka Jackatg450.

Facebook? OK, let them fix it.

Dicktator

I know, at 87 years old I am starting to get "cranky". (Used to crank a Model T)

#6 ·
Some of the NEWBIES, if we can call them that, think that we owe them to help with their SSR.

Forgetting that we have spent 20 years "finding" and "fixing" stuff that GM didn't.

Join SSR Fanatic.com for $25.00 per year is cheap for the support and information that is available.

You get Mike aka Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions (simple-engineering.com) who spends lots of time and money developing "fixes" and parts for SSR.

You get SSR How to Library: New folder - OneDrive (live.com)

And you get dedicated SSR Fanatics like Jack aka Jackatg450.

Facebook? OK, let them fix it.

Dicktator

I know, at 87 years old I am starting to get "cranky". (Used to crank a Model T)
Dick do you remember when Cadillac put the first electric self starter on their cars?
Jack

#5 ·
Well it turns out I was too harsh. They were only 45 minutes late. A very nice older couple. They were very appreciative of the help on the SSR. They have some heath issues. He is a Vietnam veteran. 25 years in the military. 12 1/2 as enlisted, 12 1/2 as an Officer. Ended up as a Captain. Very interested in everything I was doing but had to take "chair breaks".
It turns out he has joined the Fanatics. I had warned him when he called that I was expensive, that he would have to buy lunch for me.
A very nice morning except when I looked up from the bottom of the top compartment and discovered that a thunderstorm had arrived and it was a downpour and my truck was sitting outside with the top down.
Fun and Games!
Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.