Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been working with a dealership here in Colorado for a SSR. When they called to tell us that I needed to come into the dealership to finalize the purchase they added an extra $10,000 on to the MSRP. We had a verbal contract since last May for MSRP. I walked away from that dealership and went to another dealership and actually put a down payment with the Sales Manager, on their SSR that was coming to the dealership within the next 30 days. I wrote them a check for the downpayment and was given a receipt with the VIN # on it. The SSR arrived and I went in to finalize this contract and the owner informed me that he had promised it to his friend and that I could not have it until the friend decided whether or not they wanted it. The friend bought the SSR and I am without. They have promised me that they could get me one within three weeks, and it is now three weeks and have not heard anything. I have since been working with a dealership in Cheyenne and my name is next on their board. :banghead

·
Registered
83 Posts
Current Pricing

I haven't purchased an SSR yet, but I have been keeping a close watch on the market. I'm waiting for just the right price in my area. I have been looking at cars.com, gmbuypower.com and kbb.com to match ad's, Window stickers and invoice pricing. Here are some of the lowest prices I've found to date. It looks like the prices are coming down. Even bidding on ebay isn't getting up to MSRP. I hope this helps someone get a better deal.

Cars.com Price MSRP Invoice Seller State
$41,370 $44,345 $41,394.90 Nesenger NY
$41,961 $44,130 $41,199.05 Mike Pallone VA
$41,860 $43,910 $41,010.00 Bay Chevy VA
$43,708 $46,095 $42,926.75 Huffines TX
$43,801 $46,090 $42,911.00 Breager WI
$43,894 $46,490 $43,255.95 Wolf IL
$43,994 $46,490 $43,255.95 Jerry Gleason IL
$44,059 $46,490 $43,255.95 Bob Peck VA
$44,082 $46,490 $43,255.95 Friendly TX
$44,348 $46,520 $43,292.25 Nesenger NY

:lurk :jester :lol :grouphug :) :D :cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
drsipesz06,

Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations. The only problem I have with the SSR is that I have to deal with Chevy dealers.

Hang in there, the SSR experience has been wonderful once you leave the dealership. There are reputable dealers out there. Unfortunately for Chevy, they seem to be a small minority.

I hope to hear your success story soon.

Slingshot

PS Please post the names of the dealers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
drsipesz06,

This was a post by geunther on the "MSRP dealers" thread about two months ago.

"GM superstore, Laramie, Wyoming. Normally below msrp. My ssr was."

Maybe they can help you acquire a properly priced SSR.

Slingshot

·
Registered
413 Posts
pricing

dave kirk chevrolet in crossville tenn has a red isb with runningboards and bed trim for msrp

·
Registered
407 Posts
drsipesz06

that receipt signed by the dealer was probably considered a contract and if you still have it you should at least show it to a lawyer or send a written complaint to chevrolet.

your down payment and the receipt with the vin number listed means the car was yours...

sorry this happened but you can hurt the dealer for doing it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have the receipt for the SSR with the VIN # and I have contacted my lawyer about it. My lawyer says that I can use this against the dealership but my dilemma is that this dealership is the sponsor for the Corvette Club that I belong to. Some of the members of the club has told me 'the hell with the sponsorship' and go forth with it. I talked to a person at the Epcot Center in Orlando and the guy said that Chevrolet really frowns on this and gave me a phone number to call. I am debating what to do.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do have the receipt for the SSR with the VIN # and I have contacted my lawyer about it. My lawyer says that I can use this against the dealership but my dilemma is that this dealership is the sponsor for the Corvette Club that I belong to. Some of the members of the club has told me 'the hell with the sponsorship' and go forth with it. I talked to a person at the Epcot Center in Orlando and the guy said that Chevrolet really frowns on this and gave me a phone number to call. I am debating what to do.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'd press forward with your claim on the SSR. Business is business, and I doubt the dealership would pull the Corvette club sponsorship since that's good advertising for them as well, and I doubt they are dumb enough to alienate all their high end Chevy buyers. I think you can make the claim the next SSR should be yours at or below MSRP, and perhaps the dealership should be working a bit harder to get you one.

What VIN (last 4) was on the receipt?

BTW: I hope you can get yours soon. I know there are quite a few SSRs sold in Denver at least, however it seems all the other owners have squirrelled theirs away in their garages. I seem to be the only one on the road gauging by the reactions of other Denverites. I need someone to help out with the top demos. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts