Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

After my first post last evening, and all of your great feedback, I went to the dealer and ended up with an 05 Aqua Blurr. O5, Loaded ($51,045 list) Six speed.

33K I think that that is one heck of a deal.

Any advice how to tell the wife ?

John

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Tell The Wife

Take her for a RIDE! It worked for me. :thumbs

Welcome aboard.

(You can change your profile now)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Stray Cat said:
Well,

After my first post last evening, and all of your great feedback, I went to the dealer and ended up with an 05 Aqua Blurr. O5, Loaded ($51,045 list) Six speed.

John
:eek What result do you want from the telling?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C1Trob...

I'll change the profile... thanks.... And she would love a ride... in the SSR :jester

Beer - Well, I would like to stay married - she's a good one. :reddevil

Actually she has been through this before with a Viper and a Prowler. She loves the SSR's - funny since she is not a truck person.... but she loves these things !

John

·
Registered
893 Posts
Good deal.....

Stray Cat said:
C1Trob...

I'll change the profile... thanks.... And she would love a ride... in the SSR :jester

Beer - Well, I would like to stay married - she's a good one. :reddevil

Actually she has been through this before with a Viper and a Prowler. She loves the SSR's - funny since she is not a truck person.... but she loves these things !

John
........The longer we've owned our SSR the more my wife likes it.......and she is now so protective of it.....I may end up losing it to her.......:lol :seeya

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Welcome to our crowd of crazies. :willy: You sure got the right color. We're pretty rare, second only to the ultra violet. Enjoy the cruisin' and I bet your wife will too!:seeya

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. Sounds like you got a great deal. What ever you do don't let your wife read this post.

Girlfriend is mad about my SSR!

:banghead :smash :banghead :smash :banghead :smash​

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Stray Cat said:
Well,

John
Congrats!!! You got a great deal and the best color (colors) too. Hardest part with a blur is that you don't know what color to call it. Looks green, blue, purple and various shades in between depending on how the light hits it. I love that!

Here's an idea if the wife needs convincing...toss a couple of overnight bags in the back, put the top down and take her someplace she's been wanting to go for a weekend. Hmmmm....you're in Ohio....may have to wait a little while for the top down part.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Stray Cat said:
Well,

John
Just remember, it is always easier to ask for forgiveness, then to beg for permission. :glol :glol

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Honey ….It followed me home ….. Can I keep it? ( Use innocent pouty face, scuff ground with right toe. ) :angel

·
Registered
122 Posts
REBEL said:
Honey ….It followed me home ….. Can I keep it? ( Use innocent pouty face, scuff ground with right toe. ) :angel

:agree :agree :agree

Good one Rebel. I like it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club. You HAVE chosen the best color. I get comments about the color ALL the time. You will too. Tell your wife it's something you had to have and that it was a steal and will be worth more in the future. Tell her it's an investment. A year ago I paid $44,000 for my loaded 05 and thought I got a good deal. Boy, what a difference a year makes. You done good brother!

·
Registered
33 Posts
No Problem

Stray Cat said:
Well,

John

Glad to get you off the fence with your new ride. Just take your wife for a ride and your troubles are over - one way or the other! *We'll be here for you, no matter what happens.*

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
REBEL said:
You saw what happen to the Penguin that kept following the Jeep home.

He got put out!

:glol :glol :smash :smash :glol :glol​

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
These are all great - I especially like the "It followed me Home, can I keep it."

I told her, and she said; " you really didn't did you ? Where are we going to put it......" I couldn't believe it, no Problem !

It's in my Neighbors garage untl he gets back from FL. I have one lift in my Garage, may need to get another but this darn thing is TALL. Hope it fits !

Drove it about 20 miles this evening. Loved everything about it. I own a Prowler and a Viper too and this is a different beast. Have to agree about the color. I love them all but the Blurr just grabed me. And I think it is a very rare color isn't it ? I filled it up and had a guy ask me; " What the heck kind of truck is that ?" and gave me a double thumbs up. What a cool ride....

I am a very blessed man.....

Thanks for all the advice !

John

·
Registered
130 Posts
John - Glad to see you found one! I love the wife's reaction, she is a keeper.

2005 SSR Silver
2003 SSR Yellow (gone)
—————————————————————————————————
Our other cars: 2006 Z06 DSOM / 2006 S55 Silver / 2005 Ford GT Silver / 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 MazdaSpeed Miata Red / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2004 NSX Black / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

1 - 20 of 76 Posts