Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally saw another SSR, actually being driven on the road. It was on Powdermill Road in Beltsville, Md. We pulled up behind him, but I don't think he saw us. We caught up with him at a red light, we talked to him for a few minutes ,and the light turned green and he went on his way. My wife was so disappointed to finally see another one and the guy did'nt really want to chat. We told him about the website.

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
I was very disappointed !!! I thought for sure he would want to at least pull off the road somewhere and introduce himself. We need more friendly SSR owners
out there.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm Friendly

I'm friendly. You just drive up around the Victorville, California area and I will talk to you. :jester

Seriously, I am more than thrilled to stop and talk to any SSR owner, whether it is by the road, at a restaurant, or at a social. I think alot of us feel that way. :seeya

Maybe the guy was just having a bad day. Maybe someone told him that they were going to take away his SSR :mad

:seeya E :seeya

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Other SSRs

5 or 6 months ago I saw an SSR parked in an ATV shop and stopped in to talk to the owner of the vehicle. He was great to talk to and seemed interested in the site. I stopped by a couple of weeks later and he said that he just didn't have a chance to visit the site. He said that his wife had bought him the SSR for his birthday and it was really unexpected. Now that he owned it he was interested in what others were doing with theirs. But he still hasn't been to the site yet.

Last month I followed another SSR off of 295 in NJ until he pulled into NJ. He was pleasant to talk to but, didn't seem too interested in this site :-(

Now I just found out last week that someone 3 blocks from my house owns a purple one. I saw it yesterday. When the weather gets a little warmer AND I WASH MY TRUCK, I will stop by and visit him......maybe this owner will be more outgoing and join in our fun.

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
I'm Friendly !!!

I'll be in Beltsville this sunday at the inlaws. I would be glad to get together
for a group photo and chat.

BIG JIM :cool

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
ECurtis said:
I'm friendly. You just drive up around the Victorville, California area and I will talk to you. :jester

Seriously, I am more than thrilled to stop and talk to any SSR owner, whether it is by the road, at a restaurant, or at a social. I think alot of us feel that way. :seeya

Maybe the guy was just having a bad day. Maybe someone told him that they were going to take away his SSR :mad

:seeya E :seeya

Maybe he just car jacked it? :cool

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Man, we have to get a Va. gathering this spring.....there is a huge car show in April on the boardwalk in Va. Bch. coming up!...hint, hint...

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Virginia Gathering !

Sounds good to me. I just want to meet other SSR'ers
Don't forget the Cherry Blossoms in DC and Kenwood,MD

:cool

·
Registered
601 Posts
cruzned said:
Man, we have to get a Va. gathering this spring.....there is a huge car show in April on the boardwalk in Va. Bch. coming up!...hint, hint...
Man that sounds good. I hope to make it. I know I am not from VA. But I will have to be the reprsentative from MD.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Cruzin'

Well Ed,

Sounds like you are in charge! :lol :lol

Give us the dates, times, and places :flag

And we will see you there.

·
Registered
601 Posts
thatrhinoguy said:
David,

If you get up to the Towson / Cockeysville area you will see an other UV I drive mine regularly up here.

P.S. Where is Cottage City?
Thatrhinoguy,

Here is a meet and greet form Big Jim:

Will be at the Silver Diner Laurel at 10am this sunday the 20th to meet with Tanja & David you are welcome.
and maybe a short cruze.................

BIG JIM

I hope you can make it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
thatrhinoguy said:
got PM on it Can't make it this week. Maybe next time.

P.S. They are calling 4 rain Saturday night into Sunday.

Sorry you can't make it. I am going to try myself. But if it rains I might still drive it. It needs to be washed anyway. That give me a better reason for washing it. other then the dust on it. :)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Ok you guys...guys my other thread went unoticed. Here is the link for the show on April 30th, but the Friday night kick off is gonna be fun too and they have set aside rooms for $75 just for the car show entrants.

http://www.beacheventsfun.com/beachevents_web_site_037.htm

I told the mopar guys that I would post the show on this forum. It is definately one of the biggest ones we have here and it should be a ton of fun. Hope to meet a lot of you in person. John, it should be a good one for you because it is on a Saturday!

Brownhornet, would love to meet up with ya too! There will be cars from all over the country at this show. I think there are actual cash prizes too!

Ed:)

·
Registered
601 Posts
cruzned said:
Ok you guys...guys my other thread went unoticed. Here is the link for the show on April 30th, but the Friday night kick off is gonna be fun too and they have set aside rooms for $75 just for the car show entrants.

http://www.beacheventsfun.com/beachevents_web_site_037.htm

I told the mopar guys that I would post the show on this forum. It is definately one of the biggest ones we have here and it should be a ton of fun. Hope to meet a lot of you in person. John, it should be a good one for you because it is on a Saturday!

Brownhornet, would love to meet up with ya too! There will be cars from all over the country at this show. I think there are actual cash prizes too!

Ed:)

Ed,

Wish you could make it up the highway for this Sunday's meet and greet. I am planing on coming down that Sunday. I have to work on Saturday's now. So It will be a one day trip. Look forward to meeting you Ed. :)

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Ed,

I have that marked on my calendar......plan to be there but only saturday.will try and hook up with you guy's while i'm there. Like to see you this sunday Silver Diner Laurel,MD 10am

BIG JIM

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
All right! Looks like we will have one yellow, two blacks and an Aqua Blur. We can all meet up the morning somewhere, perhaps my house and cruise up to the boardwalk as a group that Saturday morning. Send me a PM if you are going for sure and I will email you my home address so you can put it on map quest to find out exactly where i am located. I am just five miles from the ocean and six miles from the actual car show.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts